Two Questions

lenscab

First,,, I wanted to put a telephone box onto a station platform but is said this asset not available for height adjustment,, is there a way.?
And what is the Max track gradient but what is the ideal gradient?.
Len

Can't help you with the first apart from the obvious of trying a different phone box. For the second, the answer is 0. No gradient is desirable, and the maximum is going to depend on the loco, the rolling stock and total weight etc.. So there's no simple answer. Less is always better.

First,,, I wanted to put a telephone box onto a station platform but is said this asset not available for height adjustment,, is there a way.?
You could add a line to the config file of the item, thus:
Code:
[B]height-range                            -100,100[/B]

Problem would be if you did this then uploaded the route. Everyone else would see the telephone box buried into the platform unless they edited the assets config file themselves.

You could add a line to the config file of the item, thus:
Code:
[B]height-range                            -100,100[/B]

Problem would be if you did this then uploaded the route. Everyone else would see the telephone box buried into the platform unless they edited the assets config file themselves.

The asset would be as it was when uploaded. It would only revert if you moved it.

Can't you adjust the height of an object with the height adjustment tool in the selector and CTRL-scrollwheel or something? I don't have Trainz up right now, but it seems like I have done that plenty of times.

Make sure it is not the station that shows that message. If you try and raise an object on another object you need to put the station on a different layer and lock it.

Can't you adjust the height of an object with the height adjustment tool in the selector and CTRL-scrollwheel or something? I don't have Trainz up right now, but it seems like I have done that plenty of times.
If an object does not have "height-range" in its config file you can't height adjust it.

I have tried it on its own on flat ground and it wont and it says its not height adjustable, I just thought was there a way of doing it so what I have done is raise the ground under the platform so that it sits on that.
Len

<kuid:173173:20852> phonebox GPO red Older type
<kuid2:1942:39014:1> Telephone Box BT Modern type

Last edited:
Back