Is there a way to add gate motor sounds to ATLS / TRC crossings?

janathan

I have a ton of recordings of the sounds gate motors make as the lift the gate up after the train passes, like in this video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVOKd-nSA4) At 7:03, 12:32, 14:57, 19:58, and 26:56.

I was wondering if it was possible to get the ATLS or TRC crossings to play these sounds while the gate is going up. Also, is there a way to get them to play from a list of sounds randomly as these motors seem to make a slightly different sound each time is real life.

Any help is appreciated.

If this is possible, I plan on releasing these sounds to the DLS so others can use them.

Last edited:
This I think is quite complex and should have been done in the beginning while the assets were being created because this will require scripts and attachment points most likely in order to make it work as intended.

Aww, man. I was hoping it would be as easy as adding a soundscript container and telling it to play "x.wav" whenever the "open" animation plays (similar to how it's done with passenger cars). But I think the passenger cars also have it embedded in their scripts because they usually come with two text files, one named "open" and the other named "close."

Back