Trainz forums SSL error

When I check the forum on my smart TV, I'm suddenly getting an "SSL error" and cannot access the site. It's never happened before, is only occurring with the Trainz forum page and only on my TV. I can still access the forum quite happily from my PC, iPhone and iPad and I can access other web pages like Google and even the My Trainz pages on the TV. Only the forum is blocked.

The TV suggests I "try later" or to "refresh my browser". I've done both, but the error still occurs.

There have not been any recent updates of the TV's operating system and I haven't been fiddling with security settings (actually would not know how even if I wanted to).

Can anyone suggest what I should do to fix it?

Last edited:
G'day,

It means the security in the T.V browser needs to be updated, I use to get that SSL allot on the PSP-1000 when using Facebook and only after Sony release a firmware update it would work.

Cheers.

Don't know how to do that specifically on the browser. I checked for OS updates, but there were none available, so I must be using the latest one. I guess there is nothing I can do?

A pity because some of those Trainz screenshots look great on the big OLED screen.

Tried the full URL just now, but still get the SSL error.

By clear the cache, do you mean the browsing history? Otherwise I don’t know how.

No, the browser cache stores all or parts of web page for some set time so if you come back and revisit the page will load faster (from cache). I don't know about your TV browser but most all browsers I'm used to (PC, Mac, Tablet, etc) have a cache that can be cleared. You "clear the cache" in order to make sure you are not getting old files for parts of the page (css style code, etc). Here's the google help page for cache for desktops:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

What’s on my TV seems to be a dumbed down browser of some sort. The settings I can find don’t mention a cache, but I did find a button called “delete browser data”. Did that then googled to the forum and it still had an SSL error. but this time, it allowed me to “proceed anyway”. I took that option and I can get a flaky sort of text only version of the forum. it won’t let me get the normal Full Site version and there is still a red cross on the security padlock symbol in the URL address bar.

The SSL error says to check my system time as that is the usual cause of the error. I found out how to do that, but the time and time zone are exactly correct. So f.. it. I’m done. So called smart TV....LG webOS TV OLED55B7T.

I suspect your LG TV uses an obsolete Android/google browser .. Many older phones and tablets, pre-Android 4.5, perhaps, have the same issue, and it will NEVER be resolved, as you can not update certain devices past a certain Android version..

Solution for Phones and Tablets: Download a 3rd party browser, such as Opera or Firefox ... Perhaps you can download a new browser app for your TV .. What "app store" does your TV use, Android, Roku, LG proprietary?

Back