Questions About Approach Lit Signals

Now we know the signals (when switched to Approach Lit mode) are shot off until the train enters the block. Then the signal, to which the train is heading towards is activated and switches back off once the last Rail car clears it.

However my question is for the opposing signal. The opposing signal (when switched to Approach Lit Mode also) is switched off until the locomotive hits it. Then the light turns on. My question is this: Are there any triggers and controllers that I can use that will turn on both signals at the same time, instead of only the signal that the train is heading towards and the passing signal after the loco hits it? I would need both Approach Lit signals to turn on at the same time the moment the train hits the block.

Since you didn't specify the signals you're referring to, I can only assume you're looking for signals that will do this?

Any of the Jointed Rail signals that support Approach Lit (by norfolksouthern37 and wearsprada) also support a channel number that you can use to gang them together. I use the milepost as the channel number to accomplish this.

Since you didn't specify the signals you're referring to, I can only assume you're looking for signals that will do this?

Any of the Jointed Rail signals that support Approach Lit (by norfolksouthern37 and wearsprada) also support a channel number that you can use to gang them together. I use the milepost as the channel number to accomplish this.

Thanks for the response. Alright. Specification on the signals I operate with: I use both Searchlight Signals and JR Searchlight Signals, as well as JR Trilight Signals. These 3 types of signals have the Approach Lit option. Since you mention that they support a channel number I can use to Gang them together, how is this done? Is this accomplished by going into the settings in the signals themselves? Or, do I need any triggers or controllers?

- RR70

Thanks for the response. Alright. Specification on the signals I operate with: I use both Searchlight Signals and JR Searchlight Signals, as well as JR Trilight Signals. These 3 types of signals have the Approach Lit option. Since you mention that they support a channel number I can use to Gang them together, how is this done? Is this accomplished by going into the settings in the signals themselves? Or, do I need any triggers or controllers?

- RR70
Go into the assets options page (the same as where you set the sig as App Lit) there is an option for channels. Set any CH # you want, and match all sigs that you want at the same time as the active sig. This will turn all sigs with matching ch# on regardless of directional facing.

Go into the assets options page (the same as where you set the sig as App Lit) there is an option for channels. Set any CH # you want, and match all sigs that you want at the same time as the active sig. This will turn all sigs with matching ch# on regardless of directional facing.

Perfect! Copy that. Thanks for your help.

Have a good remainder of the weekend.

- RR70

Back