Cannot Update Game.

Re-installed TRS19 earlier, after it being off the pc for a while.

Cannot login to the Patcher, to update to latest version.

Tells me my login details are wrong, even though i am logged into the main game.

And it is functioning with the exact same user\password.

Also cannot update my Gold membership. i can login to MyTrainz.

But then when going to My Memberships. i get message "Error retreiving Membership account please refresh, if that fails please contact the helpdesk"

Makes me question why i bothered re-installing at all.

Not just you if that's any consolation, the membership page and a few other things are not working properly at the moment, neither is the helpdesk so can't report it, something appears to be bust somewhere.

Thanks Malc and guys for the heads up on the problems.

Thought i might have been sent to Coventry again, by N3V.

They will never beat IKB. :hehe: :hehe:

Cheers,
Mike.

Would you like help for the Trainz addiction, Mike!

Like me I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, think my hard drive trembles every time I go into Programme Manager.

Trouble is, even though the driving experience is lacking, can't really beat it for route building. The DTG sim needs too much payware to get anywhere and most of the assets are one solid construct, can't be used as parts. MSTS or the new TSRE editor still does my head in and even with open rails can't always hide the fact the whole thing is 20 years old. If N3v could commission some decent cabs and sounds then bring the content up to date, add a proper timetable editor and a few other tweaks I would be less tempted to stray!

Hiya Vern, put TRS19 back on to see if it would run on my pc without problems.

Both TS2020 and Open Rails, play for about 10 mins max, then lock the pc up with a loud buzzing noise.

So far TRS19 hasn't caused the problem and ETS2 & ATS play all day long without any adverse affects.

PC monitoring software says nothing is faulty or overheating.

Completely agree with you buddy, Surveyor is the easiest to use of all the route building tools.

Driving experience in Trainz is dismal for anyone who wants realistic immersion.

Most UK loco's lack any sort of prototypical cab interior.

Diesel Railcar Sim might be in its infancy. But for physics and sounds, it is already head and shoulders above TRS19.

Exactly the same as you Vern. It needs a proper scenario creation tool. Instead of all these rules, which i have never been able to understand. Despite being able to create scenarios in MSTS, TS20xx and timetables in DRS.

It is obvious rules based sessions are not that popular. Due to the lack of them on the DLS, in comparison with how many routes there are.

If you take a route like Kings X - Edinburgh in Trainz there are a handful of sessions. Put that same route in MSTS & TS20xx and on ukts alone you would be looking at dozens of activities\scenarios created for the route.

Too much like hard work in Trainz, it's not fun.

Well I have to disagree regarding making sessions (they don't call them scenarios these days). I've made heaps and once you learn, like anything else, it becomes easier. I've even made one that lasts 8 hours, and I've made them for numerous routes. Making them in TRS19 though, not so easy and I have yet to get one to work properly there so I stick to Tane.

Thanks for the non reply about the membership page working again N3V

But should i expect anything different.

As a company you are even worse than DTG and that takes some doing.

What is your company motto.................. "take the money, then put your fingers in your ears" ?

Hi All
Unfortunately we did see some issues with some of our servers over the weekend which resulted in some pages or online features not loading, or not connecting correctly. This was resolved late last night (actually early this morning our time), but unfortunately due to the time it wasn't possibly to reply to every thread. Unfortunately most of our team do not work weekends, and as such sometimes on weekends issues such as this can take a little longer to resolve.

Regards

I might add there were many threads about the server issues, and there were several posts by various people reporting that the problem had been solved. I think you are a little harsh if you didn't get a specific note saying it was fixed, all you had to do was read any number of other threads. They are (few) people, who like so many like to have the weekend off work, so it seems it was fixed fairly quickly in the circumstances.

Well I have to disagree regarding making sessions (they don't call them scenarios these days). I've made heaps and once you learn, like anything else, it becomes easier. I've even made one that lasts 8 hours, and I've made them for numerous routes. Making them in TRS19 though, not so easy and I have yet to get one to work properly there so I stick to Tane.

Easy enough to make for AI movements, but not for the player train. As soon as you take control any instructions disappear and you are left with free roam. Take a look at the timetable editor that now comes with Open Rails, requires a little bit of spreadsheet think but it is possible to set up schedules for an entire line (or section of) which can either be player driven or will otherwise be handled by the AI. Sorry mate but Trainz is still in the dark ages in that respect. Even Diesel Railcar Simulator has a schedule and timetable editor.

Contrary to the views of lovetrainzloathen3v, I am a great fan of sessions and session rules and spend as much time, if not more, developing many sessions (a dozen or more) as I do in developing my routes. It is obviously a matter of personal preferences - I enjoy dealing with the logical problems that programming presents, but that is not for everyone.

I do agree that Trainz does need a train timetabling system but it would have to be flexible enough or possess enough intelligence to deal with delays and other issues that, surprisingly, can happen in real railroads as well.

I have gone through the many years of fixing and programming mainframe computers. I sought relaxing entertainment in my dotage. Unfortunately, every day it is a struggle to select the elements needed to create, or alter a railroad. Rules were held up as a hallmark of the tools available to the customer. For me they are a swamp of contradictions and confusion. Why any company would allow this morass to fester for years with no cleanup is amazing. Those Rules are keystones to the success of "operating" a railroad. Apparent duplications (but really traps) can ruin your day. No explanations prevent you from using what might be"just the Rule you needed". N3V can create the most visibly believable railroads but if you can't effectively use them they end up on the virtual shelf.

Clean up the Rules and offer a proper Timetable. Those two steps will go a long way toward the enjoyment of your customers. Thankfully, there are customers who enjoy a good challenge and keep this product afloat. Without them N3V would have been long gone. N3V may, however, face a greater challenge. The A.I. is dismal. No one seems to know how it works. For some it seems to be fine, while others struggle. We hear of a dozen trains running for hours on a rail system. Was this luck or skill. Both have eluded me.

Now it is time to begin another N3V based day. I just checked and the route I am working on came through the night unharmed. Occasionally I am greeted with a mess of unknown items, faulty items and the biggy - 200 to 500 items that need to be downloaded. For this one I have learned not to first load a route in the morning. Too often I have been greeted with hundreds of missing items that were there last night. Sheer panic. It is much easier on the heart if I use the Content Manager to begin the day and just see 250 items need downloading AGAIN. Make some coffee and then watch the last few magically appear and be verified as a fully restored route, ready for the days struggles. But not before a database repair - just in case.

Back