SS mlog dry sort yard & SS multi log deck

coaltrain22

I’m using T2019 . SS mlog dry sort yard is a working industry however I can’t see what it is suppose to do. Looks like it should be unloading 16 ft logs ? Not sure. Where do the 16’ logs come from ? Is there an industry that loads them on to log cars ? Also the SS multi Log deck is a working log deck but doesn’t seem to unload any log cars I place there that was loaded at a Forestry loading industry. Many thanks in advance for any clarification , I really appreciate.

The dry sort yard and multi log deck both load logs, you unload logs at the 'SS Log Dump 3NG', <KUID2:86661:144047:3>.

The dry sort yard 'consumes' and 'produces' various logs. All this means is that you can use it to load or unload carriers. As such, it is not a functioning industry that needs to have some input in order to create some output (like a sawmill that needs logs to produce lumber and woodchips).

As Jordon412 suggested you can set up a little NG logging operation deeper in the woods and carry the logs to the sort yard where they can be dumped near the sort yard. How the get from the dump site to the sort yard is left to the imagination.

You can also use the dry sort yard as a scenery item and use a Multiple Industry track to do the actual loading and unloading. This allows you to use logs that that the sort yard doesn't. Temporarily attach a short length of invisible track to the sort yard's track to hide it. Set the starting quantities of the different sort yard logs to near maximum and don't 'consume any of them. That was the sort yard always looks good.

2020-05-30-151149.jpg

The logs come out of the hills on the ng3 train and are passed off to the main line trains and hauled to the lumber mill. (WIP)

coaltrain --

The Dry Sort Yard unloads from one side and loads at the other. It's an interactive industry so it does have to be configured.

Where do logs come from? Almost anywhere you want if you use the "Edit Trains" function. This shows logs unloading at Dry Sort and the freight cars loading lumber elsewhere. You can just as easily load logs as lumber if you desire:

The log deck. Again, it's an interactive industry. you need to configure it to produce logs.

Phil

Be sure you get the assets made by slugsmasher. There are versions on the DLS that were uploaded by another user who attempted to repair them for TRS19 use and broke them instead. Slugsmasher's website is http://www.steammachine.com/slugsmasher/

He has some information there about the assets and how to use them.

William

For some reason I can not Load/unload anything from this asset. Also, it's not showing up on the overlay down at the bottom. I can edit everything about it but it's like the loading areas just aren't there. I'm so confused..

Back