.exe files have vanished after shutting down and restart

Hello all
Just a warning, came to use my pc this morning and the .exe file for 2019 has vanished but with all other files still in place. Very odd.
Yours
Patrick

Patrick, welcome to the club. As a charter member of dreaded mornings I am still finding issues caused by some sort of natural phenomenon from last night. Textures relabeled as commodities and no way to fix them. All the trees from one artist disappeared on a payware route. When I checked the data base the mesh file needed downloading. Then I did a broader look at the database and over a hundred downloads were listed for previously working assets. It happens periodically. N3v simply remains silent. My download of many items that were once stable has now finished. I have to go back and see what other "improvements" were made to the Hinton Route and several others that were ruined and non-recoverable. ($$)!

Hey John, I run two "third party" (non-Microsoft) anti-virus checkers concurrency. Have done so for years. BUT is there something amiss there???:eek:

Last edited:
The missing exe file, Assuming that it's just TRS19.exe and other exe files are still intact, if not could be some form of malware, then Avast did that on me with TS12 on Win7 and shoved it in quarantine. Check if it's been quarantined? If not that it may be file corruption, suggest running chkdsk.
Another thought, unlikely but in Win10 check it hasn't been blocked.

Well, its vanished again and this time it didn't reappear, so i did another install. All the other files were left over from the previous install so i should get all my old content back on it. I opened up content manager as way back for trs2009 i opened it up on a different computer and it found all the content back up and just reinstalled it. Not this time. If it is upsetting windows 10 or antivirus software thats something NV3 need to look into.

Well, its vanished again and this time it didn't reappear, so i did another install. All the other files were left over from the previous install so i should get all my old content back on it. I opened up content manager as way back for trs2009 i opened it up on a different computer and it found all the content back up and just reinstalled it. Not this time. If it is upsetting windows 10 or antivirus software thats something NV3 need to look into.

A third party antivirus programs are notorious for quarantining the wrong files. If you're running something other than Windows I'd just delete the antivirus software. This is not an N3V problem. The classic was when one did the same thing to a Microsoft windows operating system file which meant a few thousand people had to reinstall windows.

Cheerio John

I had this happen once. Norton decided that since the TS12 executable file was such a resource hog, it was a virus.

Well a rather happy result reinstalled in a new folder thne imported all the old files and it seems to have brought everything back. Rather annoying. Nothing from AVG or windows just vanished.

Well a rather happy result reinstalled in a new folder thne imported all the old files and it seems to have brought everything back. Rather annoying. Nothing from AVG or windows just vanished.

AVG is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Cheerio John

AVG is a very dangerous Antivirus software and always lets Malware and Trojans pass right on into the PC.
I am a PC Technician and every PC that my Customers had me Repair that had AVG on them would have many Viruses.
I would install Malwarebytes and it would always find 100s and sometimes thousands of Trojans that AVG just ignored to acknowledge.

Any PC with AVG should not be on the Internet at all, due to it does not protect the PC correctly.
Your Best defense from adware and Viruses is to use Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Vipre Internet Security. At least that is what I am using and have been for many Years and not once have I gotten any Viruses. malwarebytes automatically Blocks bad Web Pages, and Spybot has a back Door Immunization protection. Vipre is not Heavy on Resources and does not slow down the PC. AVG is a resource Hog, and does not fully Protect. Free Antivirus Software is useless.
Vipre Internet Security is my first Choice, 2nd would be Norton or Nod. Avast is another poor software. Virus writers circumvent them easily.
I hope this helps as I wanted to share the better Protection with to whom it may Concern.
Kind Regards.
jjeff1955

AVG is a very dangerous Antivirus software and always lets Malware and Trojans pass right on into the PC.
I am a PC Technician and every PC that my Customers had me Repair that had AVG on them would have many Viruses.
I would install Malwarebytes and it would always find 100s and sometimes thousands of Trojans that AVG just ignored to acknowledge.

Any PC with AVG should not be on the Internet at all, due to it does not protect the PC correctly.
Your Best defense from adware and Viruses is to use Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Vipre Internet Security. At least that is what I am using and have been for many Years and not once have I gotten any Viruses. malwarebytes automatically Blocks bad Web Pages, and Spybot has a back Door Immunization protection. Vipre is not Heavy on Resources and does not slow down the PC. AVG is a resource Hog, and does not fully Protect. Free Antivirus Software is useless.
Vipre Internet Security is my first Choice, 2nd would be Norton or Nod. Avast is another poor software. Virus writers circumvent them easily.
I hope this helps as I wanted to share the better Protection with to whom it may Concern.
Kind Regards.
jjeff1955

I've run into the same when I used to do repairs. McAfee is the other wonderful antivirus program as well (snark)! That program will kill a machine due to heavy resources making a brand new out of the box Dell laptop appear it had a bad processor. Uninstalling McAfee and installing something else other than AVG, and the system will fly. This is in addition to not finding anything.

I was an early user of Vipre way back when Sunbelt software was run by Stu and Alex Ekleberry. Windows Defender is also based on the same engine used by Vipre because it was sold by Sunbelt to Microsoft for the Defender product. With that said, I've used Defender with good results with occasional scans by Malwarebytes finding nothing.

I also use Spybot and have for years. It's good product as well and does a good clean up.

Back