Downloaded Asset Will Not Display?

boleyd

I awakened this morning and tried opening route I have worked on for about 2 years.Opened ok. But, there was a missing texture. It was a parking lot asphalt that was used in many locations & routes. Just showed the "missing" crosshatch in place of the texture asset. It was there last night. Some routes I can't select it despite it being shown a ok in the Database Manager. I can select it, in the database and it may freeze that route or mot display. Regardless, It shows good in the Database Manager and will not display during a Route Edit.

It is used in many routes I mess with. So, considerable time would be needed for case-by-case repair. I have done three extended database repairs.

Name of -asset Abraum dunkel

Many wasted hours ahead repairing damage I do NOT believe I am responsible for.

I did try to report it Using the Troubleshooter page as directed from the forum banner. It is a logical merry-go-round.

There are two assets on the DLS with that name

<kuid2:148893:61003:1> Abraum dunkel
<kuid2:148893:21103:1> Particle Texture Abraum dunkel

Both are by user erosch and both are trainz build 2.2

The first (in the list above) is a commodity. The second is a Non Environmental Texture which means that it cannot be painted onto a baseboard as a ground texture.

THANKS!! I was able to use the "braun". This in despite it is labeled as prohibited.
Light brown is not the color I was wanting
Is there a way to change the one labeled "dunkel" to a texture status?
Looking at the config did not reveal anything about textures.

If there was a way to use it in a replace-all mode I could stick in a good texture
for asphalt.

Friday was a very bad day. Almost every route I have been working with had a problem. A texture, I commonly used for areas suitable for asphalt, was missing. Believe me there were many an throughout many routes. Of course the missing textures could not be used as targets for replacement. Each one, in every route would have to be sought and dealt with by manually replacing the missing texture by hand.

I had seen this before. However, I did not expect to see it again. Sadly, either something happened or there was a "ham-handed" attempt to do something to the database. I would certainly welcome an explanation.

In the above message PWARE kindly noted that these textures were either now a Commodity texture or a texture tagged with an INF which prevented their use. I have no idea what perversion of logic needs that status. But, none of that was any aid in replacing my textures.

Today there was yet another change to the database. This time the three "textures" were given a variety of Type labels:
Misc TextureEnv Commodity and were dressed with parenthesis . As a result, there are now 4 flavors for these textures. Hopefully I can bulk replace, substituting a single PBR texture with the hope that a PBR asset will be treated more kindly by NV.,

I had seen this before. However, I did not expect to see it again. Sadly, either something happened or there was a "ham-handed" attempt to do something to the database. I would certainly welcome an explanation.

In the above message PWARE kindly noted that these textures were either now a Commodity texture or a texture tagged with an INF which prevented their use. I have no idea what perversion of logic needs that status. But, none of that was any aid in replacing my textures.

That does not make any sense to me.

I have now examined both assets and can report that both are the initial DLS versions - despite both being <kuid2:.....:....:1>, which normally means the first update of an original asset, there are no previous original assets on the DLS. Neither asset has any tag that would prevent their use.

The <kuid2:148893:61003:1> Abraum dunkel, which is identified as a "Commodity Texture", has <kuid:-3:10040> as a dependency which is installed on my system as a Base (i.e. Built-in) asset from Auran with and old Trainz build 1.3.

The <kuid2:148893:21103:1> Particle Texture Abraum dunkel has no dependencies.

I suspect that neither are the asphalt ground texture that you have assumed that they were.

It has been my experience that the database in both TANE and TRS19 will just lose its integrity at random times. Assets that had been installed will just disappear and have to be re-downloaded from the DLS as they show as available for download. Other assets show as faulty when they are not. Nothing except downloading the missing assets again and doing many DBRs will fix the problem. This behavior has been reported by me and others.

William

The latest versions are
<kuid2:148893:21103:10> BKT Particle Texture Abraum (dunkel) -- a texture for particle effekts (smoke)
<kuid2:148893:61003:10> BKT Abraum (dunkel) -- a commodity (bulk load product)
They are available in the package 'opencast lignite mining' at ot2007.de.
A picture with a similar load and particle effect is here.

Peter

Back