How to get 7Z files onto Trainz

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
I downloaded a L&WR interuban coach from jatws.org but whenver I click on import content files, it doesn't show up. I've noticed that Trainz only imports CPD Files and not anyother file. The interuban coach is a 7Z files. Is there a way to convert a 7Z into a CPD? Or are there other ways

right click on the 7z file and select extract here. cdp's are a proprietary compressed format file, not a program.

Hopefully 7Zip will extract the CDP files from the 7Z file. However, I have seen the occasional assets where it actually unzips the asset FOLDER that would go into Trainz. This folder would contain the image files, the config.sys files, etc. In that case, the folder can be dragged and dropped onto Content Manager the same way a CDP file would be.

Hopefully 7Zip will extract the CDP files from the 7Z file. However, I have seen the occasional assets where it actually unzips the asset FOLDER that would go into Trainz. This folder would contain the image files, the config.sys files, etc. In that case, the folder can be dragged and dropped onto Content Manager the same way a CDP file would be.

You can actually drag the CDP from the 7zip file into Content Manager. I've done that few times. The first was by accident and it worked and the others have been deliberate, and boy does that save time!

Can also just double click the 7zip with mouse and the zip program will open showing the content inside. Then just drag the cdp into CM. Easy :) Forgot to add this is with Windows 10. Can't remember now if windows 7 will do the same.

I had the same issue Little_Boy921 had, but when I tried to extract all it wouldn't work.

It's a 7zip file and it doesn't even give me an error message, it just takes like a milisecond to load and then it says "Done. 0 errors and 1 warnings." When i right click on it nothing happens.

nvm, im just gonna download somethin else lol

jatws.org uses .7z compression on some files as it reduces the file size to a much smaller size than .zip or .cdp. So faster down load time and less storage room required. It also incorporates a check digit so it will complain if the download is incomplete something that a .cdp doesn't do.

www.7-zip.org

Cheerio John

In case someone might be interested, WinRAR will read 7zip as well as rar and zip format files.

How to get the 7Z files into Trainz

I change the name into CDP and then I install it and it does not work at all! Because it's for reading and unsupported file type! And I can't do anything! And you guys must been tricking me! Can you help me for real, please?

I change the name into CDP and then I install it and it does not work at all! Because it's for reading and unsupported file type! And I can't do anything! And you guys must been tricking me! Can you help me for real, please?

I suggest you download 7zip from https://www.7-zip.org then extract the .cdp using 7zip.

It's a bit like a .zip file but has much better compression.

Cheerio John

Nobody is tricking you.

You cannot just change the name of a .7z file into a .cdp and have it work.

As MULTIPLE users have stated in this thread, you will have to use an external program like 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the contents of the .7z file - the CDP you need to install should be inside.

the 7z file is an archive that contains the cdp or cpds, you have to extract them from the 7z file using 7zip, this is really very basic computing stuff.

Think of the 7z file being a box which contains the cdp, to get at the cdp you need to open the box, the tool used to open the box is 7zip, then you can see and remove the cdp by using the 7zip extract function or easier just drag and drop the cdp onto an open Manage Content Window.

Back