Looking for 1930-1960s Western Routes

daniel844

Hello!

Just getting back into Trainz and was wondering if anybody knows of some good Union Pacific 1930's-1960s maps to run big steam on. I have the Sherman Hill map from Italia but it is modern day so I was wondering if anybody has made any good period routes. The UP Overland Route would be awesome but I'm also searching for any western maps for any railroad set in this time period.

I have T:ANE and Trainz 19

Thanks for any suggestions!
Daniel

There are a couple of Nebraska routes, but they are also modern era. Also the Powder River route is a good Wyoming coal route, but it is also modern era. I imagine you could probably run vintage stock on any of them if you ignored modern cars, chain drive-ins and some of the other modern amenities... Great question, though, I wouldn't mind finding something for that era myself...

Try the "Bear Creek & South Jackson RR" (or BCSJ) by user horacefithers. While not specifically a UP route, it is western and is from the time period you asked about. It's a very nice route.
(And SP seems to be the preferred road based on posted screenshots.)

+1 to the Bear Creek & South Jackson. It's an incredibly well done, high quality route.

I'd also recommend the "Kiowa County Southern", <kuid2:439337:100180:3> by MSGSapper.

Last edited:
The Bear Creek and South Jackson does look fantastic!

However, after downloading dependencies for the route from the manager, over 300 references were unknown to the download station.
If anyone could let me know where I can find the files I would be very grateful! They include many textures which when excluded make the route look really ugly.

Thanks

The Bear Creek and South Jackson does look fantastic!

However, after downloading dependencies for the route from the manager, over 300 references were unknown to the download station.
If anyone could let me know where I can find the files I would be very grateful! They include many textures which when excluded make the route look really ugly.

Thanks

he has this thread re assets, he may have another one as well..its pretty much impossible to make an older route from stuff on the DLS only, anything older needs assets from external sites. The levi and Appalachian maker tried to get everything from the DLS but still some people were having issues finding all the assets . Many older routes have assets from all over and as i am finding, some asset makers host some stuff on the DLS and other items on external sites

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/search.php?searchid=11448236

Try this thread.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158633-BC-amp-SJ-asset-dependencies[/FONT]

Back