Trainz Route: Coal Country Questions

Once I start loading coal I receive a message to run my engines around for the up hill route to the next stop. Do I uncouple all engines and when?
After passing through the tunnel all I see are tracks and a engine with cars, is my ownload moissing something? Thanks for the help as I'm a new owner of Trainz 2019.

Hello, aren't you getting Nav icons? As you pull through the tipple and load there should be a blue "Decouple coal cars" in front of you. As last car is loaded you should be close to the blue decouple icon. Pull up to it and decouple your locos. There should then be a green "run around" icon in front of you. Pull up to it. When the icon disappears stop, throw switch behind you and back down behind the loaded train then re-couple to the "rear" of the coal cars. (As you approach the rear you should get a blue "couple" icon.) After coupling you should get a "green" nav icon in front of your engines. Follow it....

Perhaps you are not getting the icons?

Not sure what you mean "nothing but tracks." - And, you didn't answer if you are getting icons or not. Seems to me that sometimes if I saved, quite, and came back later icons quit working. (sometimes and only some sessions)

Yes I do have icons but no senery once I am through the tunnel at the end of the run.

I see only tracks, a train and cars but nothing else?

wow, that's weird. What happens if you switch to map view and back to driver? Does zooming in or out change anything? Or if you save and reopen the session?

He's probably talking about the Staging Yard just beyond the tunnel after passing thru the town of Parker. It's perfectly normal.

Ah... Yes. I forgot about the staging yard. Thanks jordon412!

TWBohlmanm.. yes, that's "normal." It's a "staging yard." You'll find staging yards in Model Train layouts also (both Trainz and real model railroads.)

For example, if you ran the Coal Country route a lot and made your own sessions with a lot of different loco's and rolling stock, rather than go through finding the assets each time you can just put all of the items you use in the "staging yard" out of sight. That's just one use. Though it's there, you pretend it not really a part of the route.

For more on "staging yards" you can google it but here is a start: http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/p/31436/405579.aspx

Also search for Youtube video's.

Back