This Week's Newsletter has Screenshots From The Competition 3 Weeks Ago

I'm more of an opinion that its not so much a Screenshot Competition issue but more of a Newsletter issue. The content of the newsletter has diminished in content and relevance to probably the majority over the past year and we are now informed its going to become fortnightly. Is it not a case of its more trouble than its worth to N3V as shown by not acknowledging credit were due to those participating in the Screenshot Competition. Peter

That was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Euromodeller, certainly if it is no fun, don't participate, but I will be sad to see your entries go. You make exactly the point, I look forward to people showcasing minority railways and countries. In the newsletter prior to this one, there were some international lines and some steam featured. I hope there will be more. Maybe we just should leave it as a point of interest and not vote.... But then I guess it would be more or less like the screenshots forum...

Hi All
The screenshot competition has been run for a number of years by the user Nicky9499, who kindly volunteered to take over from another user (I can't remember who offhand, sorry) quite a few years ago. Nicky9499 has kindly changed the voting times to help make selection for the newsletter easier, however as he has become increasingly more busy in the last few years he has sometimes not been able to keep up with this, and we fully understand this.

As such, on weeks where a result is not available or is delayed, we may make a selection of screenshots to put into the newsletter. Then on weeks when we again have screenshot of the week results for the newsletter, we will then include these in the newsletter.

Where screenshots are from the competition, the newsletter will feature the top voted 5 or 6 screenshots (one generally becoming the header, and 4 being shown further down; however if a different image is the header than the newsletter will feature 4 or 6 competition images), from the most recently completed voting. This generally means the results are technically the previous week, but as we cannot see the future, they are the most recent screenshot of the week competition results.

Regards

Back