rolling stock we're lacking?

Actually UK pre-grouping isn't too bad in Trainz. We have the GC and Met stuff, plus a good selection of NBR/HR/Caley rolling stock too.

But virtually no Midland, very little LNWR save for some coaches and only a handful of decent loco models, very little GER, same for the GNR and the L&Y. Any of the smaller companies like the M&GNR, the GNoSR and the FR you might as well forget it.

Things are getting better for the southern companies like the LSWR and the LBSC, but really there are some huge gaps in what is available for the pre-grouping era which make it difficult to model the railways of some fairly significant parts of the Uk.

A huge lack for many Pre-grouping railways is the humble general purpose 0-6-0T or 0-6-0ST as well as good basic goods and mineral rolling stock. And brake vans is another area where there are a good many gaps in what is available.

Last edited:
A Class 108 and 120 DMU, along with a Class 205 and Class 207 DEMU (with authentic cab and sounds) would make me very happy. Oh and a 4TC unit.

Sadly I don't have the eyesight or manual dexterity to do complex 3D modelling, but I *quietly* hope one day these may pop up in Trainz.
What about a Class 107?

A huge lack for many Pre-grouping railways is the humble general purpose 0-6-0T or 0-6-0ST as well as good basic goods and mineral rolling stock. And brake vans is another area where there are a good many gaps in what is available.

What are we missing for goods and mineral wagons? Brake vans?

Thanks John

Good morning John,

I really appreciate your answer, I find it very sensible.
Your support work seems very important to me, it is essential that someone explain to us how this or that works, how the "config" is configured for different situations because without that our assets would not work.
Thanks for that.

Some examples of what I was saying yesterday. A few days ago I presented a new generation of Spanish passenger cars for TRS 2019. I was planning to publish more or less 20 models .......... but, people interested in them here in the forum ... three, in Spain two. Conclusion, I have made 8 models and at the moment I will only publish the two that I have presented.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...T-proyectos-espa%F1oles-avances-y-otras-cosas

Regarding the rolling stock US I have quite a few projects, the witcombe locomotive, various freight cars and passenger cars.
The passenger cars are from the Texas Special (Frisco and Katy), reskins on some DLS models.
The freight wagon projects are diverse, some only on the plane but others finished such as the 40 ft UP "baby cube" with new meshes and for TRS 2019. I had thought of making versions of other companies but if there is no interest; rather, if people do not show a minimum interest ............
It may be that I pack the baby cubes and I will send the download link to those who have proven to be at least polite and appreciative.
I forgot your nice comment about the "Old Captain" boxcar, I'm glad it can serve you on some route.:D

Hugs from Madrid

Javier

I can't wait to see the hycubes. I don't remember seeing those in UP "We can handle it" paint honestly.

I noticed that about LNWR when I was looking for some pre-BR stuff to run on the 1930s Cornish mainline. Fairly slim pickings...

What are we missing for goods and mineral wagons? Brake vans?

Thanks John

It's reasonably easy to figure out John. Make a list of pre-grouping railway companies and then make a list of the main types of goods/mineral wagons as well as brake vans and put an 'x' beside the missing ones. Some of the gaps could be filled by simple reskins of generic meshes, if you're willing to accept the errors in doing so.
I've been having health problems so I'm not doing any wagon reskinning at the moment and haven't done any for a while now.

It's reasonably easy to figure out John. Make a list of pre-grouping railway companies and then make a list of the main types of goods/mineral wagons as well as brake vans and put an 'x' beside the missing ones. Some of the gaps could be filled by simple reskins of generic meshes, if you're willing to accept the errors in doing so.
I've been having health problems so I'm not doing any wagon reskinning at the moment and haven't done any for a while now.

That's the research side that I never was much good at.

Cheerio John

That's the research side that I never was much good at.

Cheerio John
Normally I could do it John, but I'd be struggling at the moment due to my stupid fogged up brain. It's something I can think about for the future though when I'm feeling better.

yes certainly.

As long as I ask permission from their creators I can upload them to the DLS

Look at the license some permit it others you need to ask the content creator. There is a problem with reskins and that is as new versions of Trainz come out sometimes the mesh needs to be corrected. The original content creator is unable to correct the mesh on a reskin which is one reason why some content creators prefer that you don't reskin their work. Having said that you can reskin anything for your own use.

Cheerio John

when I make reference sheets to x off when a certain piece of rolling stock has been done in Trainz, I should put their categories like this
AA
ACL
AT&SF
BAR
BCOL
B&LE
B&M
BN
BNSF
B&O
CB&Q
CG
CGW
C&IM
CN
CNJ
C&NW
C&O
CP
CRR
CSXT
CV
D&H
DL&W
D&M
D&RGW
DT&I
D&TSL
DW&P
E&JE
ERIE
FEC
FNM
FXE
GBW
GM&O
GN
GNWR
GTW
IC
IC (late 1980's)
ICG
ITC
KCS
L&N
LV
MEC
MILW
MKT
MON
MP
MRL
NH
NP
NS (pre-1982)
NS
N&W
NYC
ONR
PC
PGE
P&LE
PRR
RDG
RF&P
RI
SAL
SBD
SCL
SLSF
SOO
SOU
SP
SP&S
SSW
T&P
UP
VGN
VTR
WAB
WM
WP
other railroads (BCH, H&S, MPA, CAGY, YKR, TA&G, AC, M&E, FCP, AOK, IAIS, EVWR, RBMN, IRR, QNS&L, BMS, DM&IR, DM&E, CSS&SB, etc.)
private owners (ACFX, PTLX, MDT, PROX, CGTX, SHPX, TTX, DOWX, NATX, NAHX, EFCX, DODX, etc.)

Last edited:
hey whitepass, i'm pretty sure you're well aware of the tons of private owner cars that haven't been done

hey whitepass, i'm pretty sure you're well aware of the tons of private owner cars that haven't been done

JOHN BARNET Ltd WORCESTER & BROMYARD
RINOVIA STEAM FISHING Co Ltd GRIMSBY
PETERBOROUGH AND DISTRICT TAR DISTILLERS
LANE BROTHERS BIRMINGHAM
MILLBROOK COLLIERY COMPANY
MIDLAND ACID Co Ltd
BWLCH COLLIERY
STANTON
SOUTH WALES COAL COMPANY
SOUTH CAMBRIA CARDIFF
CORFIELD & VIVEASH

I have many other PO companies documented and very few are in Trainz.

Cheerio John

I have a book by the NMRA that is a reproduction of "The Official Railway Equipment Register" of 1958 800 pages of railroad names, running numbers, mass and other data.

Back