rolling stock we're lacking?

I could use digitized copies of ORERs and railroad equipment color guide/portfolio books honestly (what's the point of spending hundreds of dollars on info that can easily be put up online)

... (what's the point of spending hundreds of dollars on info that can easily be put up online)

Pretty much the same point as spending hundreds, or THOUSANDS of dollars on Graphics/Imaging Software and Computer Hardware to "play trains"...

...It's a hobby, and some people spend tons of money on their hobbies, to solve problems that are seemingly "easily solved".

I can’t speak for other creators of Trainz content, but research is a big and time consuming part of the creation process. While the internet or www (world wide web) is a tremendous help, it is not the end all. While on some matters there is a totally overwhelming amount of information, on others there is little or no information. While it is true that knowing how to make a proper search for the given sought after item(s) is extremely important, in same cases a determination must be made as to the value or importance of what is desired over that of the time involved. Unfortunately, some things have to be accomplished without all that is desired in the finished product. It is a matter of degree of completeness. Many users will not notice that some rather insufficient item(s) is missing, but other might and you may never heard the end to their suffering over its absence. Balancing on the end of a needle is a frightening and dangerous game. Oh, the joys of content creation.

Very true majekear. Having sometimes been in the position of trying to determine details from a blurry old photo from the 1880s when little other information is available is a lot like walking a tightrope when it comes to content creation. Most Trainz folk will be happy that something new from the late 19th century has been uploaded to the DLS, but there's always the risk that someone is going to pinprick over the sometimes necessary compromises that have to be made.

Union-Pacific-8-Door-86ft-Hycube-Boxcar.jpg

when doing this 86ft hycube that I could not find in Trainz, I made a compromise by doing the data in small lines

I would be really interested in practically every American and Canadian piece of rolling stock since World War I (including private owner cars). You never know what's been on the rails. Plus i'd love to have randomized trains featuring all of that regardless of being set in an era (like a BN C636 with an NS SD70)

What I find is plans but no photo or a photo but no plans. I have done one car with just photos but I had a lot of photos. Also finding the color on pre 1940 is next to imposable.

A caboose KUID:58422:100316, I did 5 or 6 others, never found out who made them. Cars went from AA to Wabash to N&W.

building the Southern Region Line finding third rail rolling stock. some rolling stock hard to get.when you building modern Southern Region Line finding third rail.can't get some modern Southern Region rolling stock.i won't mention any class. i known what happen last time.

finding third rail rolling stock for southern region. we get less uk assets. what happen to tempest class 421.i still waiting for class 421.

Back