.
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: American Trainz Group's store not working

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    159
     

    Default American Trainz Group's store not working

    Hey all, I've been trying to access their store but I keep getting these: Not Found

    The requested URL was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.



    This page isn’t working

    americantrainz.com is currently unable to handle this request.

    [COLOR=var(--error-code-color)]HTTP ERROR 500



    [/COLOR]


    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,145
     

    Default

    It looks back up now. Their SSL cert must have expired. I wouldn't buy anything until the new cert is active.

    William

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Posts
    5,966
    Blog Entries
    27
     

    Default

    There is no actual monetary transaction required to get anything from the store. Heck I don't even have a system set up in the store to handle credit cards.

    I doubt the code was related to the SSL expiring, as it expired a while ago. More likely is that my hosting service was doing work.

    peter
    Last edited by PerRock; May 28th, 2020 at 05:22 PM.
    ~Peter


    I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    USA - North Carolina
    Posts
    1,262
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
    There is no actual monetary transaction required to get anything from the store. Heck I don't even have a system set up in the store to handle credit cards.

    I doubt the code was related to the SSL expiring, as it expired a while ago. More likely is that my hosting service was doing work.

    peter
    None of the links work (more info, bigger pic, etc) - Only thing that works is to put an item in the cart. Then to checkout it asks me to create an account providing phone number and other too much info for a non-secure site and/or site I'm not familiar with. I was going to download the NS loco but jumped out of the cart when I saw what was asked for.
    Win10: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    TRS19 SP1(plus), 106618(plus), 107918(+beta)


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio United States
    Posts
    310
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    I just can't download anything because my download section won't update. Shame, I'd rather like a P42 lol.
    How Tomorrow Moves

  6. #6

    Default

    You can put phony information in, my problem is trying to remember what I have put in before LOL! I agree it is a PIA....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Posts
    5,966
    Blog Entries
    27
     

    Default

    I just went thru the whole process: creating an account, viewing the BBLs, buying them, then downloading, and had not issues. There's not much I can do at this point as I don't see the error.

    peter
    ~Peter


    I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    27,451
     

    Default

    There's something wrong here.

    I just clicked on the MBTA pack to view an image, and received this message:

    This page isn’t working right now

    americantrainz.com can't currently handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500





    I have both Privacy Badger and uBlock-Origin disabled for this site and the issue still occurred.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    USA - North Carolina
    Posts
    1,262
     

    Default

    It appears the thumbnails don't link to any "item" page. The only thing I can do is click the cart icon on the thumbnails to put items in the cart. I was able to create an account and download a route and some items. After checking out you have to click a link in an email to go to your account, view the order, and then click the download link on the right to download you items. Have not checked them yet but I do appreciate content creators offering freeware. So thanks! I will say that I don't think many people will make it through the process to obtain these items though.

    Thanks very much for the Route and Loco.
    Win10: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    TRS19 SP1(plus), 106618(plus), 107918(+beta)


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    27,451
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    It appears the thumbnails don't link to any "item" page. The only thing I can do is click the cart icon on the thumbnails to put items in the cart. I was able to create an account and download a route and some items. After checking out you have to click a link in an email to go to your account, view the order, and then click the download link on the right to download you items. Have not checked them yet but I do appreciate content creators offering freeware. So thanks! I will say that I don't think many people will make it through the process to obtain these items though.

    Thanks very much for the Route and Loco.
    That's good to know, but it should be fixed because that will discourage people from downloading this great content. I just downloaded the MBTA locos and these are really great and I appreciate the hard work done on the content.

    Checking out seems to be unreliable as well. I was able to select the content, but couldn't login, because I keep getting the same message, and then the downloads produced the same message as well.

    I'm not a programmer, but my suspicions point to some scripting issues that are causing this.
    Last edited by JCitron; May 29th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Posts
    5,966
    Blog Entries
    27
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    That's good to know, but it should be fixed because that will discourage people from downloading this great content. I just downloaded the MBTA locos and these are really great and I appreciate the hard work done on the content.

    Checking out seems to be unreliable as well. I was able to select the content, but couldn't login, because I keep getting the same message, and then the downloads produced the same message as well.

    I'm not a programmer, but my suspicions point to some scripting issues that are causing this.
    I will report this back to the folks who make the store software. I'm barely an html/css coder so don't have the foggiest idea on how to fix something back-end like that.

    peter
    ~Peter


    I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States of America
    Posts
    869
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    apparently I can't even download the Phase IVB Amtrak P42s as their links say "unavailable"
    also the horn might need to be made available with the SDF40s (the horn stopped being available a few years ago and the Web Archive didn't even save it) as well as having the SDF40s updated to work in TS12-TRS19 without errors
    1970's Fan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    159
     

    Default

    Sounds good PerRock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •