American Trainz Group's store not working

Hey all, I've been trying to access their store but I keep getting these: [h=1]Not Found[/h][FONT=&quot]The requested URL was not found on this server.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[/FONT]

[h=1]This page isn’t working[/h][FONT=&quot]americantrainz.com is currently unable to handle this request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][COLOR=var(--error-code-color)]HTTP ERROR 500

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Any ideas?

It looks back up now. Their SSL cert must have expired. I wouldn't buy anything until the new cert is active.

William

There is no actual monetary transaction required to get anything from the store. Heck I don't even have a system set up in the store to handle credit cards.

I doubt the code was related to the SSL expiring, as it expired a while ago. More likely is that my hosting service was doing work.

peter

Last edited:
There is no actual monetary transaction required to get anything from the store. Heck I don't even have a system set up in the store to handle credit cards.

I doubt the code was related to the SSL expiring, as it expired a while ago. More likely is that my hosting service was doing work.

peter

None of the links work (more info, bigger pic, etc) - Only thing that works is to put an item in the cart. Then to checkout it asks me to create an account providing phone number and other too much info for a non-secure site and/or site I'm not familiar with. I was going to download the NS loco but jumped out of the cart when I saw what was asked for.

I just can't download anything because my download section won't update. Shame, I'd rather like a P42 lol.

You can put phony information in, my problem is trying to remember what I have put in before LOL! I agree it is a PIA....

I just went thru the whole process: creating an account, viewing the BBLs, buying them, then downloading, and had not issues. There's not much I can do at this point as I don't see the error.

peter

There's something wrong here.

I just clicked on the MBTA pack to view an image, and received this message:

[h=1]This page isn’t working right now[/h]americantrainz.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I have both Privacy Badger and uBlock-Origin disabled for this site and the issue still occurred.

It appears the thumbnails don't link to any "item" page. The only thing I can do is click the cart icon on the thumbnails to put items in the cart. I was able to create an account and download a route and some items. After checking out you have to click a link in an email to go to your account, view the order, and then click the download link on the right to download you items. Have not checked them yet but I do appreciate content creators offering freeware. So thanks! I will say that I don't think many people will make it through the process to obtain these items though.

Thanks very much for the Route and Loco.

It appears the thumbnails don't link to any "item" page. The only thing I can do is click the cart icon on the thumbnails to put items in the cart. I was able to create an account and download a route and some items. After checking out you have to click a link in an email to go to your account, view the order, and then click the download link on the right to download you items. Have not checked them yet but I do appreciate content creators offering freeware. So thanks! I will say that I don't think many people will make it through the process to obtain these items though.

Thanks very much for the Route and Loco.

That's good to know, but it should be fixed because that will discourage people from downloading this great content. I just downloaded the MBTA locos and these are really great and I appreciate the hard work done on the content.

Checking out seems to be unreliable as well. I was able to select the content, but couldn't login, because I keep getting the same message, and then the downloads produced the same message as well.

I'm not a programmer, but my suspicions point to some scripting issues that are causing this.

Last edited:
That's good to know, but it should be fixed because that will discourage people from downloading this great content. I just downloaded the MBTA locos and these are really great and I appreciate the hard work done on the content.

Checking out seems to be unreliable as well. I was able to select the content, but couldn't login, because I keep getting the same message, and then the downloads produced the same message as well.

I'm not a programmer, but my suspicions point to some scripting issues that are causing this.

I will report this back to the folks who make the store software. I'm barely an html/css coder so don't have the foggiest idea on how to fix something back-end like that.

peter

apparently I can't even download the Phase IVB Amtrak P42s as their links say "unavailable"
also the horn might need to be made available with the SDF40s (the horn stopped being available a few years ago and the Web Archive didn't even save it) as well as having the SDF40s updated to work in TS12-TRS19 without errors

Back