DLS Issues

jeffy88

Download Station

Hello I just purchased a FCT to get the faster downloads for the download station. Its Great!, but I'm having one issue.

It downloads Engines and Rolling Stock just fine. But when I try to download someones custom route they all fail about half way through the download and then says file not found. Is there something I'm missing?

I tried to download about 4 different routes and all 4 did this?

Is this a problem on my end or is it just that these are defunct files?

Thanks

They can't be defunct if they are on the DLS. At a guess, some issue with your internet connection, and I haven't heard of a similar problem. Have you tried shutting down the game and restarting and trying again?

They can't be defunct if they are on the DLS. At a guess, some issue with your internet connection, and I haven't heard of a similar problem. Have you tried shutting down the game and restarting and trying again?

Yes I have tried to restart and download again same thing. and for the first time today. I also now have had this issue on some Rolling Stock and Engines. Not many though. But every Route I try to install does that.

Many routes can be quite large - one I am currently working on is approaching 70MB just for the maps and non-asset data. Some rolling stock items, particularly steam locos, can also be bandwidth hogs. Have you exceeded your ISP imposed download limits?

Many routes can be quite large - one I am currently working on is approaching 70MB just for the maps and non-asset data. Some rolling stock items, particularly steam locos, can also be bandwidth hogs. Have you exceeded your ISP imposed download limits?

How would I tell what the ISP Limit is. and why would that effect me downloading something from the download station? I can download stuff all day long. But its slow on a 15mb download speed.

It keeps saying File Not Found when it stops downloading the certain download station items. why would my internet have a cause in files not being found?

It keeps saying File Not Found when it stops downloading the certain download station items. why would my internet have a cause in files not being found?

I also do a lot of downloads from the DLS and have never had that problem. In the past a similar issue was reported in some of the earlier versions of Trainz and had a simple solution. Re-enter your username and password (the same you use for this forum) into the Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> Internet tab? Restart the Launcher and TRS19 after it accepts your username and password.

I also do a lot of downloads from the DLS and have never had that problem. In the past a similar issue was reported in some of the earlier versions of Trainz and had a simple solution. Re-enter your username and password (the same you use for this forum) into the Launcher -> Trainz Settings -> Internet tab? Restart the Launcher and TRS19 after it accepts your username and password.

I did that multiple times and still would get halfway through a download or a little longer than that sometimes maybe almost 70% finished and it will just stop turn red and say File Not Found. Now as I said i only noticed it for the rolling stock and engines yesterday and it was only certain rolling stock that was doing it for some odd reason it was only gondola's and then every single route I have tried to install does this. and I have restarted the game and re entered my login in that internet area before launching the game and still does it.

Ensure your antivirus isn't kicking in and eating the files as they are being downloaded. We recommend excluding your Trainz data folder and application from real-time scanning.

Ensure your antivirus isn't kicking in and eating the files as they are being downloaded. We recommend excluding your Trainz data folder and application from real-time scanning.

So ive Tried the Anti Virus thing and all I have on my PC is Malwarebtes. and that is not anti virus and I've made it not to scan the game but I'm still having the issue where some files are not found when downloading things. I've tried everything that everyone has suggested so far?

I'm Stumped

So ive Tried the Anti Virus thing and all I have on my PC is Malwarebtes. and that is not anti virus and I've made it not to scan the game but I'm still having the issue where some files are not found when downloading things. I've tried everything that everyone has suggested so far?

I'm Stumped

Try downloading one asset at a time.

Expand the download progress bar to show the message-box, by clicking on the small down arrow on the left side next to the progress bar.
Do this for each asset you download.
Close the download bar if it works.

I know it'll be painful right now, but do it until you have an error.

If you have an error:

Click in the message-box.
Press CTRL+A to select all the text
Press CTRL+C to copy the text

After you've copied the text, paste it here using CTRL+V

The +A, +C, and +V are the keys A, C, and V pressed at the same time as your CTRL key on your keyboard.

The reason for this is for us to see what errors you are getting. It maybe a number of other things doing this now that you have excluded your antivirus program, Malwarebytes which is an antivirus program by the way, from scanning those folders.

Last edited:
Hello I just purchased a FCT to get the faster downloads for the download station. Its Great!, but I'm having one issue.

It downloads Engines and Rolling Stock just fine. But when I try to download someones custom route they all fail about half way through the download and then says file not found. Is there something I'm missing?

I tried to download about 4 different routes and all 4 did this?

Is this a problem on my end or is it just that these are defunct files?

Thanks

Did you end up fixing this? I just downloaded TRS19 via the Trainz Plus trial and am having the same issue. I'm trying to download The Loops route and everything was working fine until there were 150ish items left at which point every one states 'Unable to download asset <>. File not available on server.'

Internet is working for everything else. Trying one at a time leads to the same result. Closed MalWareBytes and stopped Windows Antivirus temporarily which also didn't fix it, nor did adding an exclusion.

Not a pleasant first experience with content manager to say the least.

21TrainzTrainz21 - You need to register your software. If you have done that you need to contact N3v Support. If registered properly your registered software will show next to your user name and the rail icon. Note everyone else' s icon with "TRS19" or "Platinum" on their rail icon. Mine above shows Tane Dlx and TRS19.

As for the CM (Content Manger) - I've been using it for a year and a half with no issues. Download quite a bit of stuff today (couple of routes and some new content) with no problems. ("Gold Ticket" holder)

21TrainzTrainz21 - You need to register your software. If you have done that you need to contact N3v Support. If registered properly your registered software will show next to your user name and the rail icon. Note everyone else' s icon with "TRS19" or "Platinum" on their rail icon. Mine above shows Tane Dlx and TRS19.

As for the CM (Content Manger) - I've been using it for a year and a half with no issues. Download quite a bit of stuff today (couple of routes and some new content) with no problems. ("Gold Ticket" holder)

I don't own the software, as stated I'm on the free trial month of Trainz Plus, which grants access to Trainz 2019. That's great that you haven't had problems, but as this is a thread with someone else having the same problem, so it's not like I'm the only one.

In other news, after trying again and letting it finish only 25 items are left, which just makes it more strange that they refuse to download. Most are assets by blue_sky_interactive, but there are other creators also, including Auran/N3V themselves.

I posted a few weeks ago that when I try to download freeware routes from the DLS that they mostly fail with it saying File not Found.

A few people suggested a few things. I have tried them all but one.

One person said to Logout of the online portion from the internet tab before you start the game. Then log back and and restart game. That did not work. and just restarting the game without signing out from the online part did not work.

One other person said to make sure anti virus is not kicking in by excluding the game files from their scans. the only types of anti virus I have are the built in Windows Defender and Malwarebites. and I'm not too sure on how to exclude game files from their scanning process.

But I have more information regarding the issue. When I talked about this issue a few weeks ago. I did not have this Information at the time. But I just noticed it today as I was again trying to download a route from the DLS.

I hovered my mouse over the item in the download window and this is what it said. (File Not Found, Unable to Download, No Such File or Directory) What does that mean?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hopefully you don't have Malwarebytes active at the same time as Defender because that can get messy and cause other issues including poor performance overall.

To exclude a folder, you need to go into your application settings. For Malwarebytes, check here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039024133

For Windows Defender go here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-exclude-files-and-folders-windows-defender-antivirus-scans

In both cases, you need to know where your data is installed. The quickest way to find out is to open Trainz Settings in TRS2019 Launcher.

Click on the Install tab and look at the box with the folders in it. You might want to copy that path and past it into your exclude path if you can do that, otherwise, you need to navigate to that location and click exclude.

We also recommend excluding the program as well. This is usually installed in C:/Program Files/N3V Games/TRS2019. The quick way to find out is to right-click on the program's icon, usually found on your desktop, then opening up properties.

Back