All buildings missing from route

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
An issue I'm having is that Cyberdongreen has sent me the most recent version of his route that we're collaborating on, however on the last two versions he's sent me, all of the buildings, track and splines have vanished (including the spline circles), although the textures, water and height elevation are intact. (see image below) As far as I know the route on his computer runs fine. However not for me. Regarding dependencies, the majority of the dependencies aren't missing with the exception of the UTM's, however I've run previous versions of the route with the UTMs missing and things have been fine. Stranger still is all the dependencies that are meant to be on the route are still listed within the dependency list and Kuid table.

The troubleshooting we've tried is: Removing the route and re-importing, reverting to original, having Cyberdongreen re-package the route and re-send, but to no avail. Of note is I'm not having this issue for any other route imports.
I'm not sure if it's an issue with the way the route's being packaged into a CDP or how my CMP is importing the route's CDP.

Any help would be much appreciated, CyberdonGreen and I are in the final stages of this project now and so issues like this are highly frustrating.

The game version this route is being imported onto is TANE build 94916.

m9jCBmz.jpg

Last edited:
Did he send the session? as it may all be in the session (this is not session layer). You need to edit session and not edit route. If you do have the session make sure it is linked to the route you are using. Check the map kuid in the sessions config.

Last edited:
Probably you are aawre of all this bit just in case.
Are both versions of TANE the same? they need to be the same or you will get problems much like what you are seeing.
Check all the layers are on, you can get that effect if the route layer is hidden.
Checked open for edit and reverted anything in there to original? Putting dependencies in the same cdp as a route will cause anything already installed to be left open for edit and never put builtins or DLC in a cdp.
Ran a database repair?

If he is using SP4 and you are using an earlier version, then that is the answer, it happened to me in a route building collaboration with another member.
SP4 routes will not work in SP3.

clam1952 posted whilst I was proof reading mine :)

Probably you are aawre of all this bit just in case.
Are both versions of TANE the same? they need to be the same or you will get problems much like what you are seeing.
Check all the layers are on, you can get that effect if the route layer is hidden.
Checked open for edit and reverted anything in there to original? Putting dependencies in the same cdp as a route will cause anything already installed to be left open for edit and never put builtins or DLC in a cdp.
Ran a database repair?

Hi Clam
It may possibly be because I havn't patched my version of TANE to SP4, currently downloading the patch so we shall see if that works, however I have hunch this is the problem. Espicially as CyberdonGreen has listed his TANE build on British Trainz to be 105766.

Many thanks for the suggestions all, much appreciated.

Upgrading to SP4 sorted the issue, I feel rather silly now for overlooking such an obvious thing. I must admit TANE didn't prompt me to download when SP4 came out and I must've forgotten about it. Regardless, thank you very much chaps.

Glad to hear things got sorted. Feels odd to know my T:ANE build is 105766 and my TS2019 Platinum is only build 105100....

Glad to hear things got sorted. Feels odd to know my T:ANE build is 105766 and my TS2019 Platinum is only build 105100....

This was asked about a few years ago, they assign numbers based on the order in which they were created not which version they are for, only noticeable when they are supporting more than one version.

Many thanks for the suggestions all, much appreciated.

Upgrading to SP4 sorted the issue, I feel rather silly now for overlooking such an obvious thing. I must admit TANE didn't prompt me to download when SP4 came out and I must've forgotten about it. Regardless, thank you very much chaps.

Don't feel silly. This is a great thing for all of us to be aware of and by posting here in the forums you have helped others in the future.

I feel rather silly now for overlooking such an obvious thing.
Oh, just remember, it is normal for we humans to be imperfect.
And as JCitron pointed out, your imperfection has benefited the community.
And it is understandable if you do not aspire to do that every day. :D

Back