Diamonds Single & Double slip points

Hey Guys,

Although the ability to create proper points is and has been a thing in trainz for alittle while now I have to wonder and always have really, does anybody know if Trainz is looking into increasing the track manipulation so that diamonds and slip points can be made through the same system? Now by no means does this take away from the game we already have which is absolutely fantastic, but Ive always wondered if that would ever become a thing.

Kindest Regards RailSimulator.

P.S. Keep up the great work Trainz team!!

Last edited:
Yup. We were told that might happen some day soon[SUP]tm[/SUP]. For those situations, there are plenty of "clip-on" frogs available on the DLS and even built-in if you want to use those.

I am aware of those and they are great for diamonds however when it comes to slip points thats a different story, not to discredit those who do make that sort of equipment. I just think itd be nice if things like that had the same mechanics as regular points, I havent the faintest idea on how difficult a system like that would be to introduce but I am so hoping that it is at least being looked into.

I am aware of those and they are great for diamonds however when it comes to slip points thats a different story, not to discredit those who do make that sort of equipment. I just think itd be nice if things like that had the same mechanics as regular points, I havent the faintest idea on how difficult a system like that would be to introduce but I am so hoping that it is at least being looked into.

Extremely difficult if you look in to the complicated construction of procedural track and the large number of different bits involved, strikes me as a miracle we get points that work given the way it's put together.

I can't see how it could be done for diamond crossings. With junctions the programme can 'see' where one track at a spline joins another and so can create the frogs/blades etc. With a diamond you have one track simply crossing another but with no reference point as to where to place the frogs etc.

I always thought that another way to go would be to create some fixed track slips (or three way junctions) - in the style that Andi06 did - and make them so that attaching a track to them would automatically modify the slip textures to match the track. This happens with some objects already such as two and three track gauges. Just a thought. No idea whether it is feasible or not. As far as diamond crossings are concerned, I think the existing clip on frogs actually do an OK job.

I can understand that, I just wonder if the Trainz team is looking into it.

I'm sure that it is on a list and they have at least looked into it as per John's response. Now the truth is that it will likely be a TRS19 only feature when it does come. TANE is approaching its end of support date.

William

i have got the double and single switches to work. only problem is you have to stretch them out which kills the object of the switch. they are mostly used in yards and are space savers in tight terminal type yard application. in real life they are incredibly expensive

i had them in a stub end terminal and couldn't compress them enough to be useful. AI isn't really happy with them also.
as far as diamonds i an not sure if Boat has upgraded his diamond control system. it worked really well in 2012 but couldn't get it to work in 2019. he probably has , i haven't looked lately.
ejb

i have got the double and single switches to work. only problem is you have to stretch them out which kills the object of the switch. they are mostly used in yards and are space savers in tight terminal type yard application. in real life they are incredibly expensive

i had them in a stub end terminal and couldn't compress them enough to be useful. AI isn't really happy with them also.
as far as diamonds i an not sure if Boat has upgraded his diamond control system. it worked really well in 2012 but couldn't get it to work in 2019. he probably has , i haven't looked lately.
ejb

Boat has updated his ASB controller and asset for diamonds.

I noticed that too with the AI. They have a snit and quit when they come across slip switches.

thank you jcitron. i will have to check boat out. something in 2019 was kicking his assets out. i just timed the trains to not arrive at the same time.
it kinda sorta worked.
ejb

thank you jcitron. i will have to check boat out. something in 2019 was kicking his assets out. i just timed the trains to not arrive at the same time.
it kinda sorta worked.
ejb

I had issues where they crashed my session and updating to the latest version fixed that. When I checked, perhaps I was lucky, they seemed to work.

Back