Portal AI consist runs signal on session restart on normally great working session

1611mac

- - . -
Interesting portal/save/reload problem-

I had saved an in progress Port Zyd Session. Later, I restart the session and after a minute I look up and here is an AI consist heading right for me at speed! Chuck and Joe kept their cool, but sadly, their loco is a complete write off!

Weird! I run this route all the time and the AI trains work wonderfully. (They are limited to two main lines and philskene has them firmly under control.) Why, after hours spent on this route/session, is the AI acting up I wonder. I investigate-

Apparently, when I last saved the session, a consist had just been generated by the portal. When I restart the "bad" session six out of ten cars are still in the portal tunnel. I watch the consist and it blows right through a red "stop" signal and the "AI" has no time to change two turnouts to the correct settings. The AI train is on the wrong set of rails. Cornfield meet!

I restart, and watch the consist, it blows the red signal again. I delete the consist, save session, restart, and the next newly generated consist comes out of the portal in a few minutes and operates perfectly, stopping at the red signal and waiting for the turnouts to align properly.

I can only conclude that if a session is saved as a consist is still coming OUT of a portal, the consist might possibly run wild on restarting. At the least, it totally ignores red signals. Now when I save a session I check the portal to make sure no consist is being generated at the time of the save.

This is for info only but comments welcome!

Last edited:
Back