Sharing Content Between TANE & 2019

geno1005

I just purchased Trainz 2019...I want to start the process of learning the new program, but don't want to just abandon ship on TANE until I know what I can--and can't--do in 2019. I don't have the world's most powerful computer, so I don't want to break TANE just to get more familiar with 2019.

All that to ask, how can I (or can I?) make my old TANE content available to use in 2019, but not have it unavailable to TANE?

Thank you.

In content manager save the TANE content to a .cdp then import it to TS19.

Cheerio John

Just to be more specific: In TANE content manager, save the TANE content to a cdp. Then import into TRS19 with the TRS19 content manager.

Your 2 installations are independent on the computer.

Thank you...so are you saying save each individual piece of contest or is there a way to convert the huge amount of content in TANE and import it all with one cdp file? Also, after playing with 19 this morning, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to run as well on my modest machine as well as TANE, so I think it's going to stay parked for a year or more until I can afford more computer. Looks like its still TANE for me for a very long time.

Now it appears that all my content is defaulting to be installed in 2019, which I do not want because I can't use it there, and now I cant figure out how to get it back into TANE.

Oh well...I knew it was a gamble...Shoulda' left well enough alone right?

Thank you.

Thank you...so are you saying save each individual piece of contest or is there a way to convert the huge amount of content in TANE and import it all with one cdp file? Also, after playing with 19 this morning, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to run as well on my modest machine as well as TANE, so I think it's going to stay parked for a year or more until I can afford more computer. Looks like its still TANE for me for a very long time.

Now it appears that all my content is defaulting to be installed in 2019, which I do not want because I can't use it there, and now I cant figure out how to get it back into TANE.

Thank you.

you should download (and/or install ) your content from the FILE menu in the CM. The OS sets the default app for a .cdp file, which in your case is not what you want.

Thank you.

You can select multiple assets in Content Manager using the control and shift. Your best bet is to sort by type, or author to know where to group and also to know where you leave off, and filter the content to exclude built-in and DLC if you have any of that content since DLC needs to be downloaded again.

My recommendation is to select a few hundred assets at a time rather than the whole lot at once. The reasons are twofold. There is a limitation of about 1GB for a CDP and anything over that causes data corruption and the file can't be read. The other reason is T:ANE will have trouble compressing all that data since it really pushes the CPU with all the data processing needed to do that. This same issue will occur on TRS2019's side when the CDP gets decompressed.

Now instead of double-clicking on your CDPs, which will send them to the most recently installed Trainz version, your best bet is to either drag and drop the CDPs into the opened Content Manager of choice, or to use the menu to import them instead. This is found on The File menu at the top of content manager.

Make a CDP of your routes and sessions you want and import to TRS19. Then download all missing assets so you have up to date assets installed, avoids ones that might be faulty from Tane. Look for all other missing assets after this. Copy across all assets could throw up a lot of errors. Download Tane additional content and TRS19 content fix from the content store.

Last edited:
Back