Absolute novice question

charles3279

I am absolutely new to these programs but was wanting to know : I have a client that I assist who has a mild intellectual disability, but is absolutely besotted with trains. He keeps track of train movements, records Engine numbers, carriage numbers and types. Lives and breathes trains. I really consider he would love to "drive" trains as in a simulator, but is probably not going to be interested in designing anything. Would he be wasting his time getting this program, and if so is there anything else anyone can recommend. He at this time does not have a computer, but if the "train" product was right this would certainly be considered. From the specs as I read them a tablet would be unlikely to be adequate. Thanks for your time.

There are many Trainz members with medical conditions such as you describe or variations. Many identify their condition in their user signature. I think this is useful when answering questions and most respondents will allow for that.
The Trainz forums are, for the most part, quite friendly and helpful. Its also actively moderated.

I suggest a PC or Mac would be better. While there is an iPad and Android version these are quite out of date although I believe they are due for a refresh. Plus a PC or Mac version is way more flexible.

Your client would need a reasonable PC to run the simulator although you can turn down or tune the application to run on less capable machines.

All I ever do is run (Drive) trainz and in the simple (or easy) mode with out ever getting into the techinical aspect of the game. So I believe your friend would LOVE to drive a train or trains in Trainz. Not only would he have trains to drive but would have have acess to many scenarios to drive also that also require NO echnical knowledge of the game.

Once he gets into the game he will probably get into the realistic mode of driving trains. Note: The game comes with tutorials showing you how to do it.

So overall I would say that he will great time with Trainz.

Dave

There are many Trainz members with medical conditions such as you describe or variations. Many identify their condition in their user signature. I think this is useful when answering questions and most respondents will allow for that.
The Trainz forums are, for the most part, quite friendly and helpful. Its also actively moderated.

I suggest a PC or Mac would be better. While there is an iPad and Android version these are quite out of date although I believe they are due for a refresh. Plus a PC or Mac version is way more flexible.

Your client would need a reasonable PC to run the simulator although you can turn down or tune the application to run on less capable machines.

thank you for that, it will be a great help.
Charles

Back