The Selkirk Yard

Someone did build the one in North Platte; slightly bigger, maybe cool enough for you?

Sounds good to me. I'll see if I can look it up on the DLS later unless someone has the Kuid#. If not, no problem, I'll just type "Selkirk Yard" for keywords in the DLS. Thanks for your input.

- RR70

I watched a "Train Hopper" video and the Cops told the trespassing arrestee's, that they were lucky that they got arrested and taken to prison outside, in Akron, OH, as the vandalizum and theft rate in Chicago yards, would have lead to them being murdered by Chicago hoodlums, if they had made it train hopping into Chicago yards.

Freight yards are NOT "nice" places at all, and places like Selkirk, Oak Island, and Chicago etc, etc, areas are treacherous places, even for yard workers and police, endangered from being shot.

Erm, I was just going to use the Selkirk Yard as a template for another route and also put some add ons to it.

- RR70

Only 30? That's not bad :D Out of 1,400+, not bad at all.

https://www.trainzkuidindex.com/ can help but it is a subscription service. Worth the money if you intend to really get into the game. You can do google searches for the whole kuid E.G. <kuid:some:number> which may turn up some.

I downloaded the Selkirk Yard - Albany into TANE and it has quite a few physical flaws but these may not show up in TS2 for MAC.

It looks like a very accurate replication of the yard IMO.

Have fun!

This is what it looks like in TANESP3

Looking East South East from the hump. You can see the physical flaws, holes and bumps.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Looking West from the hump

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hopefully these are not present in your installation.

Last edited:
Those bumps seem to happen when the route is merged. Has always been a problem from wayback. It happens at the join of the base units.
Just a bit of cosmetic work needed.
Cheers,
Mike

The layout appears to be based on an old TIGER map-HOG route from the past. That old road is one of the first things I would replace because it floats no matter how much the ground is leveled underneath. The track too needs a bit of tamping down and straightening which goes beyond what the little dips and holes cause.

I got a tour of the yard operations and engine repair shops back in 1984 during an NMRA tour. It was a happening place back then, but sadly under the late HH Harriman , the yard was slated for closure, however, it operates still on a reduced scale and it's barely a shadow of what it once was.

I've had this route a while and brought it into TANE via TS2012. I forget all of what I did, I had to replace textures, whatever missing assets were reasonable easy to find. I might have had them in mt 2009 or 2012 installations. It is working in TANE pretty well.
Good luck with it.

Kevin

Back