Thread: Signalling on single track DRGW NG routes, options in TANE ....

Default Signalling on single track DRGW NG routes, options in TANE ....

How can one set up signalling on these old DRGW single line routes that used tokens and order boards ? On most of these routes , they didn't use any signals and there aren't any animated token swapping figures available. Suggestions?
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I think Elstoko made some kind token-type signaling system if I remember correctly.

<kuid2:368725:90035:10> Staff-transfer track, for avatar operation
    <kuid2:368725:60008:3> Wait until staff
    <kuid2:368725:15000:10> Safeworking Officer
    <kuid2:368725:90019:13> Point Lever, ground, for avatar operation
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I think Elstoko made some kind token-type signaling system if I remember correctly.

<kuid2:368725:90035:10> Staff-transfer track, for avatar operation
    <kuid2:368725:60008:3> Wait until staff
    <kuid2:368725:15000:10> Safeworking Officer
    <kuid2:368725:90019:13> Point Lever, ground, for avatar operation
    thanks John, will take a look, whilst probably not having enough time to implement this on the timber ridge( unless its VERY simple to set up ) i'll put in a note that it can be implemented if desired in case anyone want to create sessions..
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

"Post message" and "Wait for message and clear" are two commands which can act as tokens.

Hmm, that token system looks pretty complex to set up , and it uses Australian switches and tokens, also the manual looks pretty complex . I guess this is a job that someone else will have to execute if they want a working token system on these NG routes.

United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs

There is also a rule and a set of variables that you can set and clear in driver commands. I am not at my computer where I can look it up. Works great in sessions; requires some initial programming, unlike automatic signal systems.
    Last edited by pitkin; May 24th, 2020 at 09:28 AM.
    I7-8700K
    1070Ti
    Z370
    PCIe SSD operation ( build)

Look at the CommWithTTable rule and its dependency inputTable both by atilabarut. They are older but still work in TRS19
    Pennsylvania Railroad affectionate PRRT&HS

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    How can one set up signalling on these old DRGW single line routes that used tokens and order boards ? On most of these routes , they didn't use any signals and there aren't any animated token swapping figures available. Suggestions?

You mean this kind of signal?
    I have worked part of it a couple of years ago and I think is time to get it ready.

A first version of this kind of narrow gauge signal looks like this:
    Last edited by colorado71; June 3rd, 2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado71 View Post
    A first version of this kind of narrow gauge signal looks like this:
    Nice , but I've never seen these used in images on the main drgw ng lines. I was hoping for a token system , that too hard to set up, so I've just dropped in telephones at junctions to indicate that crews could communicate with staff at manned stations to get permission to enter a section. I'll let somebody else set that if if they are brave enough to do so.

See the image above from the collection of Mallory Hope Ferrell with Denver Union Station. (Maybe I made the post too high. I think 12 feet would have been enough.) You can find it here:
    http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377....rd-td6678.html
    Last edited by colorado71; June 3rd, 2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado71 View Post
    See the image above from the collection of Mallory Hope Ferrell with Denver Union Station. (Maybe I made the post too high. I think 12 feet would have been enough.) You can find it here:
    http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377....rd-td6678.html
    Yeah, I saw that ,but I would not drop a whole lot of these into a rural 1950s era line, the only signals I've ever seen on the operating 20th cent drg 3ft system are the ones at cumbres pass and Antonio, we have these as non operating items , but they weren't used extensively throughout the lines , or if they were , they don't appear in images. There's very little in the way of info on the old signalling systems I did find an article a few years back. It seems they mostly just used tokens on these lines. With the advent of cb radio I imagine they would have used that to communicate .