Database keeps rebuilding itself - Trainz 2019

dickster

I placed an order today (May23) for 6-routes and first class ticket. I am running Trainz 2019. I received confirmation of my order. About 20-minutes later I opened Trainz 2019 and all I had purchased was listed and the program began downloading the content I had ordered. When the download was comlete, I closed Trainz and then reopened the the program and it began "Building Trainz Asset Database". When that was completed, the program closed itself. I have launched the program six additiolnal times and each time the asset database starts rebuilding itself and then shuts down. I have never experienced this before. I sure hope you can help me. Game is inoperable.

Further update to my post. The database rebuild process never completes itself. It gets to the point which says "Checking for faulty assets (378076 / 529977)" or in that general area of the rebuild. The procees stops and throws me out to my desktop screen.

I stop my antivirus completely but it made to differrence.

Last edited:
A repeated database repair is usually a sign of the database not closing properly, or there's something interrupting the writing to the database. There are many causes of this including a bad hard drive, but before we go that far, let's check the easy things first.

Exclude the TRS19 data and program folders from real-time scanning by your antivirus program. These programs are notorious for interrupting operations such as this because the files are opened and closed often. Each time they're opened, the antivirus has to scan them. This operation not only causes data corrupted in the worst case, it also causes awful performance as well when it doesn't. If this doesn't work, we'll have to look elsewhere.

Now I recommend running a manual Extended database repair again after you've done this. This is done by pressing the CTRL-key while clicking on rebuild database, which is found on the Launcher or Content Manager under the Develop menu item.

Back