Thread: Forum access

United States of America, Michigan, Owosso

Default Forum access

Hello all,

I'm a relatively new member to this forum, not sure if that is the cause of my issue, but it seems I'm only able to post in the General Trainz and Trainz 2019 threads. I have questions I would like to post on the Payware threads but I'm currently not able to.

Alan

Need to contact the Help desk to get your permissions corrected, does happen occasionally that new accounts don't get full permissions that you should have.

Use this link, its quicker than trying to navigate through the help stuff! Click the other button. https://support.trainzportal.com/ind...er/Step/View/1
    Last edited by clam1952; May 23rd, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Malc

Thanks Clam1952 for the help. Will give it a try.

Alan

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

I see you live in Owasso, Michigan. Any connections to the Steam Railroading Institute?
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Jordon,
    Four years ago, my wife and I moved to Owosso. The winter of 2016 I volunteered as a car host for the Polar Express excursions to Ashley, MI. Really been too busy to volunteer since then, I commute daily to Lansing. I retire in a year, so hope to volunteer again then.

Alan

Curious, since you don't have access right now, what was your question for payware?
    Win10: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    TRS19 SP1(plus), 106618(plus), 106618(+beta)

Submitted a help desk ticket.

Had a question reference RRMods. I was considering purchasing a CSX unit, but description says textures not optimized for Trainz 2019 yet. Will that be a free update for units previously purchased? Or should I wait until the textures are updated for Trainz 2019 to purchase?

Alan

Couldn't find any freeware on DLS you'd be happy with? Somewhere here might know RRmods policy on that but I think I'd contact them as per their email link on their website.

I'll see what is available on the DLS. But will also try contacting RRMods directly.

Al

If you are new to the CM (Content Manger) make sure you click on the header and add all columns. The more info the better. Then you can search for Category "Locomotives" - You can sort by version number (version of software created with) or upload date or any other. You can make and save these "filters." CM is very powerful in that it can do searches not very apparent, especially when using the boolean operators (and, or, etc). You can also run a filter, open those in a new window, then run another filter on that subset. Takes a while to appreciate the info you glean and the things you can do.

Also, many of the free routes have sessions that will include loco's. You will learn which author/creator knows his/her stuff and look for other routes/sessions by that person. So you might look for CSX routes if that is your interest.
    Last edited by 1611mac; May 23rd, 2020 at 01:38 PM.

Thank you 1611mac. I Know I'm only scratching the surface when it comes to Trainz.