attachment help

john2002

How do I add gjvh 20ft and 40ft container attachments to SPORBUST's TOFC flatcar?
I want to have them do loads like this
ttwx978558ags.jpg

ttwx978570amh.jpg

How do I add gjvh 20ft and 40ft container attachments to SPORBUST's TOFC flatcar?

Are you modifying the loads, or do you need to create the attachment points?

You can add attachment points using Attachment Maker.

You change the loads by adding or altering the Queues.

If you want assistance with a particular asset you must quote the KUID and, if it's not on the DLS, the download location.

<kuid2:113556:10000044:2> is what i'm talking about

If you put it on the track then hit "?" you can see the product queues. There are existing attachment points on this wagon so you need to associate a different product with the existing attachment point. One way is to click the + when you bring up the queues. It will work but it will list every single product on your machine. A saner way is find a 20 or 40 foot container and edit the config.txt file so that it is included on one of the queues. You may need to experiment to find the right queue. Remember you can add a tag to the attachment point reference which will essentially move the attachment point along a bit or raise or lower it if need be.

Cheerio John

<kuid2:113556:10000044:2> is what i'm talking about

That asset already supports a large number of queues, so my guess would be that you want to add those particular containers to the list of containers that the asset supports. Without knowing what those containers are it is only possible to provide general advice.

You can change the KUID specified as allowed product for an existing queue to refer to the containers that you want to use. The queue name (eg, load40t-0) gives a clue to what type of container is expected for that queue. You can confirm what containers might be compatible with that queue by examining the current product for the queue (<kuid2:113556:200033:1> for that example).

You can duplicate any existing queue and make changes, eg changing the allowed product. Note that if you create a new queue you must update the conflict queues to exclude the queue you copied from, and you must update all pre-existing queues to exclude the new queue.

If this change is not what you are referring to then requirement must be for attachment maker, available at the link provided above.

problem is I don't know what are the XYZ orientations to make them appear like the loads on the pics
the 40ft container loads are the same xyz orientations as the 45ft trailer ones for sure
the containers i'm using are
<kuid2:49267:35005:3>
<kuid2:49267:35004:3>

problem is I don't know what are the XYZ orientations to make them appear like the loads on the pics

Are you saying that you have already loaded the containers you want to use onto the traincar, and they are not oriented or positioned correctly? If that is the problem then you should indicate the details of the queue you are using, and show exactly what actually happens and exactly what you want to happen. Any required adjustment will be the difference between the two.

I've loaded the 20ft containers in the position of the 28ft trailers and they appeared hanging off the ends of the flatcar

the 40ft containers appear fine in the 45ft trailer position

I've loaded the 20ft containers in the position of the 28ft trailers and they appeared hanging off the ends of the flatcar

the 40ft containers appear fine in the 45ft trailer position

Use

orientation 0.0.0
position 0,0,0

It's the position tag you're most interested in.

Cheerio John

Back