One thing I don't understand about CROR signals.

How come CN and CP don't seem to care where they put the heads on the mast, sometimes it's right of the signal, sometime the left, sometimes the middle, and for permissive signals it's either left/right or right/left. Why can't they decide one placement of the heads?

For example.
uZTiOigMMP-esRUW3WCSY9HBDyMRMEnr9o_PLcbr0qPYM9DW6WpAlCtqAGhq691p98UjluLnHH3g-iaD25Br0ZR6xWfAK42G-mpV5kConL2jywTfvq69nb63tOHuRfyBsWHJwVV6ueRrHotA9IhOaQO3ImwjHui4B3ms5leXNeedQ5ppCg

The signal on the left track has heads on the left, while the signal on the right has heads on the left.

While here
signals-diamond-20120105.JPG

Both signals have heads facing to the right.

Can someone explain this?

It doesn't matter what side of the mast they are placed. Makes no difference on indication unless its a double headed signal that is staggered.

Kingston Sub you'll find approach lit CTC where you probably won't find it anywhere else. I find it has quite a bit to do the former tracks etc. or date they were installed. Some you advanced clear to stop, where others are fine with clear to medium. Some signals are upgraded and they don't want to put flashing circuits in. There is plenty of difference in the operation of many for CN I find.

Thanks

Sean

Back