Delete many objects at once: can it be done?

fddiedrich

Well, here's another newbie question. I've noticed in another thread that there is a Copy/Paste function in the surveyor, but I've noticed there's no accompanying Cut/Paste function. Cut without pasting would be really nice as it would completely address what I need to do - which is delete large numbers of objects of different kinds in bulk instead of click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click.......................

So, let's say I want to clear a large area of trees in the Kickstarter route. How would you do that besides click, click, click, click... ?

Searching for "delete many objects Trainz 2019" doesn't give me any useful information.

hi
the copy paste are next to each other
just copy an area on blank piece of board to the size you want
and then move over what you want to delete and paste

Matt

hi
the copy paste are next to each other
just copy an area on blank piece of board to the size you want
and then move over what you want to delete and paste

Matt

At first, I didn't really get what you were saying, but yeah, that works a treat. But I have to say, that has got to be the most unintuitive, convoluted thing I have ever seen, and I've worked professionally with my share of graphics apps throughout the years. I'm used to selecting something and hitting the delete key. :)

Thank you very much!

Even reduced to 0% wouldn't the assets still be part of the system load and have to be kept track of?

Not if you save the route after the cull. That’s my intuitive guess anyway, because the save would re-write the kuid-table which would not include assets that are no longer present.

Not if you save the route after the cull. That’s my intuitive guess anyway, because the save would re-write the kuid-table which would not include assets that are no longer present.
Saving may not always rewrite the kuid table, but 'save as' definitely will.
cheers
Graeme

Even reduced to 0% wouldn't the assets still be part of the system load and have to be kept track of?

In addition to what others have said, it also depends on how many of those assets are used elsewhere on the route .. OP is talking about basically clear-cutting a swath of land to build a new area, much like burning down the Amazon Rain Forest for farm land, not nessecarily removing assets X, Y, and Z from the entire route .. This would also not completely remove those assets from the KUID table, but only reconfigure the String-Table section, maybe.

Back