How to get rid of unwanted drivers?

hkoster1

I have added a number of loose consists and engines to one of my sessions, merely
as backdrop. All those engines show up with drivers in the TRS19 Driver Panel, which
is not wanted.

Now, I know that these drivers can be removed from the Driver Panel one-by-one, but
I would like for them not showing up at all.

I could check "Remove all existing Drivers first" in Driver Setup, but that also removes
a large number of existing driver assignments that I would have to do again.

FWIW, "Generate new Drivers for empty trains" is (and was) not checked - shouldn't
that have taken care of this use case?

Or am I missing something? Please enlighten me.:confused:

(Build 106755)

I think you have to eliminate the drivers from the "empty trains" at least once. Otherwise, why would the driver setup rule know what you were thinking?

I think you have to eliminate the drivers from the "empty trains" at least once. Otherwise, why would the driver setup rule know what you were thinking?
Well, wouldn't not checking that "Generate new Drivers for empty trains" box indicate my thinking?
But you could be right that doing something illogical is the way forward. So, I first checked that box,
resulting in a bunch of new drivers in Driver Setup. Then I removed them one-by-one, but that didn't
work, still there in Driver.

Thanks for thinking outside-the-box.:)

Well, the solution to my problem is: in Driver Setup check the box "Remove all existing Drivers first".

It turns out that my interpretation of this option was wrong: it doesn't remove the drivers that I had
already entered (a different kind of "existing") - phew, what a relief.:eek:

Well, the solution to my problem is: in Driver Setup check the box "Remove all existing Drivers first".

It turns out that my interpretation of this option was wrong: it doesn't remove the drivers that I had
already entered (a different kind of "existing") - phew, what a relief.:eek:

So wait, you are saying that "Remove all existing Drivers first" doesn't "Remove all existing Drivers first?" :)

Back