Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange commodity

Quote Originally Posted by pnightshade2002 View Post
    A google search says that its on TPR but it looks like the download area is down. Has it been down for a while?

If I knew how to do it, I would love to change some of the OG industries like the pulp mill to Pencil's General goods because they look more appropriate
    Shouldn't be too hard, just clone the asset, replace the kuid in the queues with the other kuid, and replace it in the kuid-table too. It would look a little weird if there is stacking though because pencil42's assets are a bit variant in height.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pnightshade2002 View Post
    Yeah I did run the Kuids and look at "Mr.Google" otherwise I wouldn't be asking wiseguy...
    Well, I'm sorry to read that you are obviously offended by my use of the words "Mr Google" The simple fact is if you had bothered to do a search of the DLS, before posting, you would have found some of the missing kuids. Google search would have helped with some of the others.

I don't mind helping people on this forum, as I have done over the last 16+ years. What I do get a little frustrated with, is when some in the forum are to lazy to do a little search/research on their own, before posting. Some expect others to do all the donkey work for them. Sad, but true!!! Now, just to be clear, I'm not automatically putting you into that "category".

Now if using the term "Mr Google" makes me a wiseguy, well, I'll take that as a compliment. Thankyou.

I genuinely hope you where able to find all the kuids you where after. Have a good day Sir & Happy Trainzing.

Cheers, Mac...
    Last edited by meatloaf747; May 22nd, 2020 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf747 View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to read that you are obviously offended by my use of the words "Mr Google" The simple fact is if you had bothered to do a search of the DLS, before posting, you would have found some of the missing kuids. Google search would have helped with some of the others.

I don't mind helping people on this forum, as I have done over the last 16+ years. What I do get a little frustrated with, is when some in the forum are to lazy to do a little search/research on their own, before posting. Some expect others to do all the donkey work for them. Sad, but true!!! Now, just to be clear, I'm not automatically putting you into that "category".

Now if using the term "Mr Google" makes me a wiseguy, well, I'll take that as a compliment. Thankyou.

I genuinely hope you where able to find all the kuids you where after. Have a good day Sir & Happy Trainzing.

Cheers, Mac...
    Anytime I look for an asset I always try to find it on google or the DLS and if I come up empty, asking on the forum is the last resort. Most of the KUIDs that were suggested (the C&O freight house for example), were payware and didn't show up in a google search or on TPR which again doesn't show up in google.

Many times I have to use google to find many missing assets, (which ironically I find on Russian sites). The only ones that did show up in the DLS or Google was the lumber platform, the dock, and the ACME building.

It wasn't the "Mr." that was slightly annoying, It was the fact that some of those assets that Norm listed were not in fact not on DLS or on google, and if I was a noob I would have been sent in circles wondering why I couldn't find them.

I applaud Norm for taking the time to clarify that some assets were not available (Thankfully I have platinum and I just had to install the Hinton route for the C&O assets) and he himself had issues finding some of them.

All I suggest is that maybe instead a wisecrack, Just saying "Have you tried searching google?" would be a less abrasive way to approach a inquiry for assets. I'm pretty thick skinned (USAF Vet) so it didn't bother me as say "that category" but, it was a tad bit annoying to just brush someone off asking a simple question.

Cheers, Paul
    “Screwing up is hardly a major mistake. Sometimes your wrong choices bring you to the right places.”
    Shannon L. Alder