Too many routes?

The fact that in 2020, in the latest version of the franchise, it is still necessary to do DBRs is ridiculous nonsense.

I thought much the same. I found it necessary to perform regular, even daily, DBRs to ensure the smooth running and to prevent the occassional CTD in both TANE and TRS19. This has been the case since the release of TANE.

Then about two months ago a post by another user on this issue received a reply that suggested the cause might be other software running on their computer. This started me thinking that my AV software could be the cause. On investigation I discovered that TANE.exe and TRS19.exe were receiving no special treatment, or more importantly no exemptions, from the AV software. This means that everytime Trainz accessed the DB it (the DB) is scanned or at least closely scrutinized by the AV.

To test this I added both TANE.exe and TRS19.exe to my AVs exclusion list. In the two months since I have not had a single CTD or felt the need to perform a DBR. A strong circumstantial case that N3V is not the culprit.

There's a simple workaround - create a filter in CM for routes (and sessions), and load them from there directly. (Pretty much the only way I load things these days).

In terms of DB repairs, it should only be necessary if the program is updated or crashes. My understanding of the additional repairs are for things that are done outside the program function (like manually adding content into the local data folder) so in that case the db repair "discovers" the new content.

Last edited:
So just find the route and do an "Open Asset in Driver"? Amazing, but I had never noticed that before! Thanks Tony!

Back