TRS2019: Fine adjustments with my mouse...

frogpipe

Yesterdayz Trainz Member
As I get older I find my ability to make exact position and rotation adjustments a bit harder.

I know holding CTRL while making adjustments gets you finer control, but sometimes its still difficult. Sometimes it seems to make no difference. Somtimes I can make .1 adjustments and other times .5

Is this because of individual assets? Something in the config?

Is there some key combination I'm missing?

Having type in boxes like N3Vs beloved MAX software would be a big help... But I doubt that will happen beyond the spline height we already have.

Turning on True Type in Windows can effect precision. Also the pointer likes to slide to another position when it is very close to an asset. Experiment ting with the Windows mouse and the typing stuff in Settings may help. I share your frustration. Maybe it is because as you get older the "screen gets smaller".

Last edited:
On my Logitech track ball, there is a button that slows down considerably the pointer. It helps greatly with accurate demanding situations. I realize not everyone has one of these, but I suspect there are real standard mouse with this feature?

I actually ordered one this morning. It's a ridiculous "gaming" mouse, tho only 11$ so it just looks ridiculous.

If it works as expected I'll be able to hit a button and change between 4 different DPI settings on the fly.

I got led to it by looking up true type affecting the mouse based on the post above yours.

Fingers crossed, because if it does what it claims and I believe, it will be exactly what I'm looking for.

I must say, it seems to help. Looks ridiculous, but helps. I set it for the highest DPI, then used the "mouse speed" slider in Windows to turn it back down to normal (-2 notches). Now when I click the mouse down to it's lowest setting the mouse is much slower and easier to get fine control of.

Back