Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laying Switches on Curves

United States of America, Maryland, Westminster

And here, I have inserted a spline point at the marker sign on the passing siding track, and trimmed off the unneeded bit, and I have deleted the remaining 10d 225m section. This deletion has caused my junction to go faulty, as indicated by the red circle. But, this faultiness will resolve itself when the missing piece of procedural track is added.
    BuildCurvedTurnout_16.jpg

OK! The last piece of procedural track has been connected. This is the completed turnout from overhead:
    BuildCurvedTurnout_17.jpg

And this is what is looks like from ground level:
    BuildCurvedTurnout_18.jpg

In general, I have gotten good results from using sectional track to design my trackwork, and then replacing it with procedural track. Here's a couple screen shots of the "Peerless Cement" plant under construction on my "Susquehanna Valley Railroad" with sectional tracks positioned:
    TrackworkInProgress_01.jpg

TrackworkInProgress_02.jpg

And here's "Peerless Cement" with procedural tracks in place:
    TrackworkInProgress_03.jpg

TrackworkInProgress_04.jpg

Cool

I like good looking, logical puzzle Track work, and you sir, have what it takes.....!

Very impressive, with exceptionally well documented Templates and tutorial exemplars for us to learn how you design complex slip and or Curve Switch assignments..........

I think back in time, I heard something of this type of Fixed Track Work mentioned, or it was something similar by another Author......It escapes for the moment.

Switches on Curves, which is perilous more often than not with kinking issues, suggestive of the particular Track behavior we have all faced.......Be that what it is, I still try to make it work, but nothing near as good as your examples show........

Industrial scene you created looks very professional.........

What a great presentation! Thanks for this; it will be very helpful.

regards,

Blabsky

You're very welcome, Blabsky! I do hope it will be helpful to you. And thanks, Blue, for the positive feedback!

... thankz a lot, GoofusClam57 ... very clear and helpful tutorial ... i will certainly document it in pdf form as a reference .. my analog brains cannot hold it together, but my digital assistant will .. maybe an item for the wiki .. ? ..
    most respect
    daveric