JR Searchlight Signals Backward ?

RHKluckhohn

Norfolksouthern37's searchlight signals <kuid2:45324:243001:3> et seq. only work when a train is headed into them, not when it backs toward them. So if the signals are turned around, do they display correctly?

But seriously, folks, JR needs to address this issue. They are very nice signals but can't be used on anything but a main line where all the locos are running front forward. It doesn't help that they are built-in and taking up space.

Yeah, you can "Reverse Train Facing" and they will display correctly, but that's an unstable setting - stop at a station or industry and the direction reverts. Actually, you can just change to cab view from outside and it reverts.

This is in T:ANE 105766, BTW.

:B~\

Yeah I know. I've asked about this before and it fell on deaf ears. This was implemented in the early days of T:ANE because there was some kind of performance bug associated with their signals, or the signal logic in general back then. This logic they've implemented works fine for single direction looped operations, but real railroads don't work that way, and in a switching environment, this makes switching a yard quite painful.

The problem I've run into is external view versus in-cab views. The signal will display correctly when external from the cab, but climbing in the direction of travel changes, and the signals are now red while in the cab but green or yellow outside.

Maybe if enough people ask about this, the signal script can be updated.

...The problem I've run into is external view versus in-cab views. The signal will display correctly when external from the cab, but climbing in the direction of travel changes, and the signals are now red while in the cab but green or yellow outside.

Maybe if enough people ask about this, the signal script can be updated.

My observation exactly. I hope so too!

:B~/

Back