Manual Loads?

Hey all,

I was playing with philskene's new Rivercide layout, and it said to load trains manually. It is tricky and confusing since it give you 20 queues each with 20 products. How did you load 40ft logstacks on one session and load coal into the tender on the 4th session?

Just want to know please. It would be appreciative.

Thanks

Alec

Hi Alec --

Did you watch this video:

You need to use the "Edit Trains" function to load and unload commodities. You can also use it to add or remove locomotives and freight cars. The location of "Edit Trains" varies from version to version, but you will find it somewhere at the top left of the screen.

In most sessions I've edited the commodities that freight cars can carry, to make it easier for you.

Hope this helps,
Phil

There are a plethora of interactive industries available for trains. Some work great, some so-so, and some not at all. Many thousands of man-hours have probably been wasted whilst trainzers stare at their screen and wait for an industry to work. In many of Philskene's sessions, you are unloading or loading manually anyway, so it could be suggested that it does not really matter what you load :eek:. Also, if in doubt, you are usually safe in just picking the first commodity in the first tier presented. You can also use my InstantLoadAtFocus and InstantUnLoadAtFocus driver commands in lieu of the Edit Trains interface. What you do NOT want to do is try adding a load from the list of hundreds that pop up when looking for an load not configured currently. Most of them will not work, for reasons I an not going into here.

Philskene also has built in many industries that you can configure to your heart's content (if you have the patience of a saint).

"In many of Philskene's sessions, you are unloading or loading manually anyway, so it could be suggested that it does not really matter what you load."

Wot!~! Of course it matters what you load. Railroads exist to take commodity A from X to Y. If the railroad decides it wants to load B instead of A it would be out of business very quickly.

And, hey, The Dispatcher would be furious. Frothing at the mouth furious. Your time on one of philskene's railroad would be very short.

Last edited:
"In many of Philskene's sessions, you are unloading or loading manually anyway, so it could be suggested that it does not really matter what you load."

Wot!~! Of course it matters what you load. Railroads exist to taker commodity A from X to Y. If the railroad decides it wants to load B instead of A it would be out of business very quickly.

And, hey, The Dispatcher would be furious. Frothing at the mouth furious. Your time on one of philskene's railroad would be very short.

Of course. Philskene. But do you want this new user of your routes and sessions to be driven away because of loading problems? Anyway, my comments were mostly tongue-in-cheek. The important thing is to facilitate his future hours wasted on Trainz operation. Who knows, maybe someday the OP will get sucked into coding and enjoy even more despair:eek:.

Some of the commodities would make nice scenery items for platforms and docks. Can that be done?

Back