Locos stop responding

mag315

What would make my Jointed Rail Locos stop responding when I couple to another car? As soon as I make a coupling, the loco keeps going and will not respond to any control inputs. I'm running TANE, build 105766 in Windows 10. This occurs when using both my keyboard and my Raildriver.

What would make my Jointed Rail Locos stop responding when I couple to another car? As soon as I make a coupling, the loco keeps going and will not respond to any control inputs. I'm running TANE, build 105766 in Windows 10. This occurs when using both my keyboard and my Raildriver.

Need more info.

A particular JR engine, ALL JR engines? Does it happen when coupling to one particular car, or any car ..JR cars, or non-JR cars? Does it happen on a particular Route, or ALL Routes?
-What Driver Commands do you have loaded when this happens? ... Did you select a custom set in Edit Session, or use only the Default Driver Commands? Have you modified a Driver Command or Script?
--Is this happening while in DCC mode, Cab mode, or while AI is driving? Have you tried testing under a different control method?

Need more info.

A particular JR engine, ALL JR engines? Does it happen when coupling to one particular car, or any car ..JR cars, or non-JR cars? Does it happen on a particular Route, or ALL Routes?
-What Driver Commands do you have loaded when this happens? ... Did you select a custom set in Edit Session, or use only the Default Driver Commands? Have you modified a Driver Command or Script?
--Is this happening while in DCC mode, Cab mode, or while AI is driving? Have you tried testing under a different control method?

It happens in both DCC and Cab mode, don't do AI right now. Doesn't seem to matter what car I couple to. Seems to happen in all routes. I have noticed it in a loco I bought and downloaded today: GE B30-7 - CSX YN2 (Weathered) and one I downloaded previously: EMD GP38-2 - HLCX. I have the South Bay Mega Pack and those locos all work fine. I've also noticed this with a loco I bought from RRMods.

It's a glitch with Trainz, I've experienced it a few time. All you need to do is swap to a different consist and then switch back. It's annoying but at least its easy to fix.

Now I'm no longer willing to purchase any further locos from Jointed Rail or RRMods because the last ones I've bought have all been affected by this problem.
Honestly it's not the locomotives, I've experienced this with engines from NARM, the DLS, and other sites. Don't let this put you off of JR and RRmods, I've purchased a good amount from both sites and most of the engines never experience the problem and the ones that this has happened to has only happened once or twice.

Honestly it's not the locomotives, I've experienced this with engines from NARM, the DLS, and other sites. Don't let this put you off of JR and RRmods, I've purchased a good amount from both sites and most of the engines never experience the problem and the ones that this has happened to has only happened once or twice.[/QU

While this may be a problem with TANE, I can't ignore the fact that some of the locos I have purchased from JR and RRMODS work flawlessly while others are basically unusable.

Yes, there are several that do this every time I use them. That's why I thought I'd see if JR had any suggestions.

This one: https://jointedrail.com/product/emd-gp38-2-hlcx/ is the worst offender. This one: https://jointedrail.com/product/ge-b30-7-csx-yn2-weathered/ also gives me a lot of problems. This one from RRMods: http://www.rrmods.us/product/lirc-gp39-2/ is another.
Ok so the HLCX unit is by far one of my favorite units from JR, I've never had issues with it which further leads me to believe its the game not the unit. I have a few of the B30-7s and from what I can tell the only differences between my units and the CSX unit is minor differences with modeling such as a different horn, other than that its just the skin and from what I know that should not effect the units performance, I believe I used to have an issue with my PVRX B30 but I don't anymore. I can't speak about the GP39 as I don't own any but I doubt there much difference between it and the other GP models they sell. If I were you I'd try two things, rebuild the data base and delete then redownload the units. If after doing this you still have issues I'd take it up with JR and RRmods directly, not through the forum. They can help out way more than I can.

You may want to reinstall the locomotive from the CDP and overwrite by submitting instead of reverting any dependencies. It sounds like something's been corrupted.

Also check on Jointed Rail's website for updates. They recently updated engine scripts and cabs. If there's an update install that and overwrite anything that's open for edit, except for any built-ins or payware assets are on your system since they don't count.

Well, I don't know if it was downloading and installing the new dependencies or just reinstalling the locos but now they seem to be working fine. Thanks for all your help guys.

Back