Going to be a little different color pattern from the On30 models, but, hey,

on30gn15

After all these years with Trainz I'm still uncertain whether what I'm doing is a reskin or a recolor, and it's going to be a little different color pattern from the physical On30 models,
(which are still not finished) but, hey, can certainly get the character to come through, and I'm happy with that! :)
For it to truly work there would have to be more divided segments in the Trainz model than currently exist.

Model is the "30 in Davenport (Reskinners Template)" by david111767, which is based on Bachmann's On30 model, which I have and is in black and silver instead of my freelance company's green since it is in their forest products division and they paint things their own way.

On30 model is a bit greener than it looks on camera, so was the semi tractor which provided a reference for the hue.
Eventually the bare black plastic sideframes will be aluminum, silver, or some hue of that nature.
Pilot sheets are red and white striped like the side sills but I don't know where the image I used for the GP38s I did for Trainz 2006/2009 is, it is around, I've seen it on a CD or in this Windows 10 box. Eh, will get to it later if ever.

Since these things sit out in the sun all the time in the hypothetical location of the On30 line, it figured that the engine hood top and cab roof would be a both faded and grimy version of the overall hue.

Speaking of hues, the 'read me' says "gold.tga and gold2.tga are the main body colors. Make sure they are different from each other." but not why that is desirable.
Guess I probably ought to get around to contacting the author with an inquiry about that.

I swore I was not going to get in to 30 inch gauge on TANE, standard gauge was enough ...
Well, so much for the reliability of my sworn oaths!
Last night and today downloaded a quantity of 3ft6in, 3ft, 30in, equipment, track, and layouts.
What's that famous thing about never say never ...?

26974475156_f42dd01ef7_z.jpg

49881336352_621e776e81_z.jpg

Oh, yeah, lets add the reference for hue used for WCT ...

... although the hue was decided upon about 20 years before I encountered this semi. It was a rather greener hue to the eye, camera didn't pick it up, probably related to why greenscreens are used for special effects work.
--> Which illustrates a common pitfall of using film and/or digital photos for color reference.

26402224954_e162db136b.jpg

Last edited:
I have always hated the bright colors in Trainz but I have to admit, that switcher and your On30 model are spot on color wise, by the way, that guy in front of the engine, is he trying to challenge the so-called 'strongest man of the world' by trying to push it backward? :hehe:

Ron

by the way, that guy in front of the engine, is he trying to challenge the so-called 'strongest man of the world' by trying to push it backward? :hehe:

Ron
I hadn't thought of that, could be!
Thanks for the color compliment. The story is that Willow Creek Traction is set on a large semi-tropical island, somewhere, which has a resort at one end and a scientific rocket launch facility at the other. There is no On30 layout, but they do get to drive some on a little bitty bit of HO that exists; or the HO modular layout at club. I've only been able to build some cars and locomotives. Seriously need some passenger cars. 30in gauge was used initially because of the cost of shipping standard gauge items to the island.

And yes, they make bold use of color, for example, each class of car is a different hue,

49308938876_7279128316_z.jpg

49312210871_08c7892116_z.jpg

24119213709_c454eaa07a_z.jpg

And now that my declining health pretty much insures there will be no home layout in any scale, I'm starting to want to represent my stuff some way, somehow, here in Trainz.

But ...

Making things for a computer program is a very different beast from slicing, sawing, and gluing, plastic, wood, and metal ...

26974474616_212cd6affd.jpg

On30Gn15: All my routes are 30/24/18 with occasional 56. I just returned to Canada from my winter home in Yuma AZ. Love to communicate with you privately - Bobber Gibbs <bobber@bell.net> 0n30 is still funner.... My On30 Conspiracy used to be fun but I too have settled on Trainz.

On30Gn15: All my routes are 30/24/18 with occasional 56. I just returned to Canada from my winter home in Yuma AZ. Love to communicate with you privately - Bobber Gibbs EMAIL 0n30 is still funner.... My On30 Conspiracy used to be fun but I too have settled on Trainz.

Bob,

Edit your comment and remove the email address. Send a PM instead to On30Gn15.

Back