Macine shop clutter

Gary_Evans

Still plays with Trainz
I'm looking for tools, tool boxes and just stuff that would be found in a machine shop. Can anybody help?

Dave Snow to the rescue. Dave made a bunch of things for engine shops:

<kuid:101046:104637> Bellevue Locomotive Shop Disgnostics Machine DES
<kuid:101046:104641> Bellevue Locomotive Shop Tool Box ver 1 DES
<kuid:101046:104642> Bellevue Locomotive Shop Tool Box ver 2 DES
<kuid:101046:104643> Bellevue Locomotive Shop Tool Box ver 3 DES

These are those "Craftsman" metal cabinets which are so common still - we even have one in the basement.

Hope these help.

There are also air compressor pumps, welding outfits, parts cubbies, cranes, work platforms with stairs, and lots more if you think of things to look for. You might want to consider arranging it all along the tracks before you put the building on though. I gave up trying to arrange anything inside of a building as the surveyor select and move only seems to work for the building you are inside of. But I have seen some impressive screenshots from people who manage to do it.

There are also air compressor pumps, welding outfits, parts cubbies, cranes, work platforms with stairs, and lots more if you think of things to look for. You might want to consider arranging it all along the tracks before you put the building on though. I gave up trying to arrange anything inside of a building as the surveyor select and move only seems to work for the building you are inside of. But I have seen some impressive screenshots from people who manage to do it.

Layers, my friend, layers. Put the building on a Layer named Buildings, then create a new layer called Details, locking all others, you can now place details inside of other assets/buildings, without moving the building/asset.

You are right Forester. One needs to line things up outside the building or it gets very frustrating when trying rotate or move objects.

Thanks for the tips. I will check some out.

Yeah layers work well for stuff like this. I have a HOLD!!! layer that is locked and I move the building to that I want to freeze and move the stuff inside and on to loading docks with the building stuck in place. Once done, I move the building back to the route layer.

Gary

You would never find this workshop crane because it was allowed to have a German word in the username tag and its thumbnail is completely uninformative.

Look for Flaschenzug <kuid:68787:200632> by Lotharhake on the DLS. Here's the thumbnail I substituted for it;

RKMBqN2.jpg

Last edited:
Something that is very much needed for Trains though is machine tools from the 1920s and 1930s since these are what would have been seen in workshops during the steam era. Much of what is on offer is fine for the modern era, but very much out of place for the steam era whether for the Uk or the US.

Back