South Australian railway content

Thanks, Rob, I agree!
It is quite interesting going along the old Willunga line and seeing where the more major changes are, I remember being quite confused going past where that removed embankment at Reynella is you mentioned, I roughly remember a big dip in the ground and it was sort of like a park/lawn. Somewhere around that area I believe you can see where the trail splits off an embankment and there is the original gravel path before the trail got sealed I’m pretty sure. I regularly drive past the section adjacent to Main South Road from Huntfield Heights to Seaford, it is great seeing the old bridge over the Onkaparinga River.
i just read over your post again dangavel and I’d be quite interested to see the thread you mention. I also stumbled across what I assume is the almost hour long video of Super 8 footage on the Willunga line, and recently it has been made public and uploaded on YouTube.
I have also completed work on the SAR 700 class for it to be uploaded to the DLS. I now just need to double check everything before I upload it. (EDIT: I have uploaded the locomotive, tender and the driving wheels/bogies onto the DLS, hopefully this means they should be available tomorrow. Everything else for the locomotive is either built in or on the DLS.) Unfortunately I was not able to implement an auto numbering script although I am happy that I did not come across any major issues. I should also mention there are SAR 520 class locomotives and centenary cars which worked extensively along the Willunga line, one of the locomotives on the DLS, 526 worked a farewell train along the line, 2nd to last special tour I think.
Below is a screenshot of 702 hard at work passing through the southern suburbs on the SARN4T route, and there is also a picture of how Kroemers Crossing on the Barossa route looks now with a bit more scenery added.
Screenshot_2020-11-09_223608.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-08_223757.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent news all round, I did put up a post about a week back that somehow has disappeared , but the gist of it was I am still working on my us route and will dabble with willunga when I have time or feel burnt out with the ng stuff. The new loco looks wonderful, great work !

Thanks dangavel, I hope you are going well with your US route!
I don’t think this would be down your alleyway as it is quite modern, although seeing as it is an SA content thread I thought it would be good to share here.
Coming soon to the DLS, are these Overland carriages in the modern livery, including the PCO Power Van, BJ sitting car, and RBJ dining car. These carriages form the modern Overland consist, and I am quite happy to bring it to the DLS.
Screenshot_2020-11-10_181556.jpg

G'day all,
I've restarted work on the DEM covering SA's Mid North and Barossa again.
Progress is slow but steady, here's a screenshot at Annie Street, Wasleys.
Screenshot_2021-04-19_204615.jpg

I still have the old SAR steam engines based on the late Billegulla's work that AD602000 once hosted on the Victrainz forums. They're apparently dead now, my browser reports an HTTP 500 error message when I try to access it.

I still have the old SAR steam engines based on the late Billegulla's work that AD602000 once hosted on the Victrainz forums. They're apparently dead now, my browser reports an HTTP 500 error message when I try to access it.
Interesting , out of interest what were the classes he made?

Interesting , out of interest what were the classes he made?

Well earlier in this thread, SAR621 mentioned that he was upgrading the 700, 710, 720b, 740 and 750 classes that were originally created by AD602000. The updated 700 class is now on the DLS, but the rest of the locos can't be downloaded because the Victrainz forums are down.

Unfortunately it would appear as if Victrainz is down. A shame in my opinion as it had a great community behind it. I hope it returns but it seemed to be getting gradually more inactive as time went on, so if it went back up I’d be pleasantly surprised.
i am quite active on trainz but its been more driving and route building at the moment. Thanks for reminding me to do the rest of the SAR 700 series of locos, I’ll try work on them in the coming weeks.
Here’s a nice little screenshot I took today of a heavily weathered GM13 returning to Flinders with a rail recovery train after a long day of removing track up north.
facebook_1619939764563_6794519834268331511.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately it would appear as if Victrainz is down. A shame in my opinion as it had a great community behind it. I hope it returns but it seemed to be getting gradually more inactive as time went on, so if it went back up I’d be pleasantly surprised.
i am quite active on trainz but its been more driving and route building at the moment. Thanks for reminding me to do the rest of the SAR 700 series of locos, I’ll try work on them in the coming weeks.
Here’s a nice little screenshot I took today of a heavily weathered GM13 returning to Flinders with a rail recovery train after a long day of removing track up north.
facebook_1619939764563_6794519834268331511.jpg
Nice ! I do plan to get into the willunga line eventually ( huge issue with my main project has delayed thinGs ) so any Sa stock is highly appreciated. Loved those diesels , used to work at mile end in early 80s an we lived in Lynton opposite the line so saw so many of these and others of the era every day. Keep up the good work !

Cheers dangavel.
This one's closer to Lynton, SAR locomotives 903, 906, and 945 haul The Overland through Panorama towards Melbourne on the approach to Sleeps Hill tunnel in the Adelaide Hills.
POST EDIT: I will now be posting screenshots in the Australian screenshots thread. Check there regularly for more South Australian screenshots.
903_906_945Panorama.jpg

Last edited:
if anyone would like to collaborate with me in making the buildings/ other content for the Willunga branch please pm me, i'll be working in 2019 but do not require pbr textures , or if you can point me to content that will be on the dls that can be used for the route I'd be most chuffed !

looking forward to checking out the RX class that just been uploaded, to whoever made these ,many thanks

G’day, the Rx was made by VT29 who owns SA-Trainz, I’m a member of the group and have released a few basic scenery items and am currently working on a Central Australia Railway route from Leigh Creek to Curdimurka which covers the break of gauge at Marree. VT has also made a 620 class which was released last year. Currently a new F class is in the works.
Thought it’d be appropriate to attach a screenshot of doubleheaded Rxs on Callington curve. Route is a WIP by one of our members.
unknown.png

Very nice, this is encouraging me to work on the Willunga line, can anyone point me to buildings that could be used in that project ? there are very few images of any of the buildings on the line , so if i can find some similar items I could use those in their place, not being up to making my own, would downloading some of the existing SAR routes contain items that I could use ? also if anyone can point me at prototypical track I can use in ts 2019 it would be a great help .At the moment i still have work to do on the Uintah which is in TANE so not really much time to look for items I can use.

A lot of the old SAR routes use pre-existing assets which have been around for ages, some look like they could be a close-ish fit but they’re nothing like using custom buildings. I would make some buildings if my modelling skills weren’t so limited. I could probably track down images of buildings of most stations on the line if you like, not sure where I’d send them though.
As for track, the best BG track around at the moment is s301’s VR 80lb BG track on the download station. The ballast colour is a bit too light for my liking but it is the best BG track available.

A lot of the old SAR routes use pre-existing assets which have been around for ages, some look like they could be a close-ish fit but they’re nothing like using custom buildings. I would make some buildings if my modelling skills weren’t so limited. I could probably track down images of buildings of most stations on the line if you like, not sure where I’d send them though.
As for track, the best BG track around at the moment is s301’s VR 80lb BG track on the download station. The ballast colour is a bit too light for my liking but it is the best BG track available.

I've found a fair few images, I grabbed anything i could find online and also a couple of videos are handy as reference points , but no sizes or diagrams. I'm used to working out plans for railroad buildings , but have very limited 3d skills and relied on two people to make the items for the uintah. i may see if i can get some blender model files from the from Paul G and using them as guides , see if i can bash a few out . I did make a few a few years back in sketchup but i know that ids a no on for trainz. i still have a few months work on the Uintah to go before i'm free to work on willunga anyway, so its a long time down the track before i need buildings .

I checked out the online SAR group and that's a great resource, i also found the GB group, joined and downloaded the strathalbyn route and a few cdps. tried to make a comment , the text faded and now the group has vanished, and is unavailable. it wasn't my fault ! I imagine someone is updating its privacy and or membership process as there was no vetting process to see if I was suitable to join the group. .

Hi All
I'm working on an extension to the existing route Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division. The extension will cover from Gladstone to Port Pirie with spurs south on the BG and north on the SG and then also from Quorn to Port Augusta. After that I may consider heading north but based on the era of the map (mid to late 1960s) then it is SG all the way to Maree and this should all be NG.

Anyway what I also want to include in here is multiple versions of the 400 class Garratts but this seems to be locked to 406 based on the model. I believe there are a few people who developed this (original and later someone else) and wanted to know if anyone knows who is who and how I could contact them.

I'm also looking for anyone who may be able to help with some models of the various key buildings (namely Port Pirie Railway Station and several hotels)

Ore UP Port Pirie approaching Crystal Brook from Huddleston
NB new Standard Gauge elevated line visible to the right and background
277581481_5044975922244960_8558817390109019437_n.jpg

Crossing the Crystal Brook Bridge heading north to Port Pirie
277758642_5044979925577893_8079869694413185925_n.jpg

T-Class Ore UP Port Pirie in Ellen Street
Port Pirie Loco yard in the background (PITA) and SACBH Silos at wharf
Track on right is dual gauge with NG42/BG and seems to work well so far
278379195_5065664520176100_8598305396282010887_n.jpg

Aerial view of Port Pirie
278179768_5065664126842806_8827193259863834683_n.jpg

Mythos wurde

Such a valuable and helpful content that’s what I have been looking for a long time finally I have got it so really thanks for sharing such type of information. more info

Back