Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Australian railway content

Blog Entries

if anyone would like to collaborate with me in making the buildings/ other content for the Willunga branch please pm me, i'll be working in 2019 but do not require pbr textures , or if you can point me to content that will be on the dls that can be used for the route I'd be most chuffed !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Blog Entries

looking forward to checking out the RX class that just been uploaded, to whoever made these ,many thanks
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

G’day, the Rx was made by VT29 who owns SA-Trainz, I’m a member of the group and have released a few basic scenery items and am currently working on a Central Australia Railway route from Leigh Creek to Curdimurka which covers the break of gauge at Marree. VT has also made a 620 class which was released last year. Currently a new F class is in the works.
    Thought it’d be appropriate to attach a screenshot of doubleheaded Rxs on Callington curve. Route is a WIP by one of our members.
    SAR Rx Class now out from SA-Trainz https://sa-trainz.weebly.com/

Blog Entries

Very nice, this is encouraging me to work on the Willunga line, can anyone point me to buildings that could be used in that project ? there are very few images of any of the buildings on the line , so if i can find some similar items I could use those in their place, not being up to making my own, would downloading some of the existing SAR routes contain items that I could use ? also if anyone can point me at prototypical track I can use in ts 2019 it would be a great help .At the moment i still have work to do on the Uintah which is in TANE so not really much time to look for items I can use.

A lot of the old SAR routes use pre-existing assets which have been around for ages, some look like they could be a close-ish fit but they’re nothing like using custom buildings. I would make some buildings if my modelling skills weren’t so limited. I could probably track down images of buildings of most stations on the line if you like, not sure where I’d send them though.
    As for track, the best BG track around at the moment is s301’s VR 80lb BG track on the download station. The ballast colour is a bit too light for my liking but it is the best BG track available.
    SAR Rx Class now out from SA-Trainz https://sa-trainz.weebly.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SAR621 View Post
    A lot of the old SAR routes use pre-existing assets which have been around for ages, some look like they could be a close-ish fit but they’re nothing like using custom buildings. I would make some buildings if my modelling skills weren’t so limited. I could probably track down images of buildings of most stations on the line if you like, not sure where I’d send them though.
    As for track, the best BG track around at the moment is s301’s VR 80lb BG track on the download station. The ballast colour is a bit too light for my liking but it is the best BG track available.

I've found a fair few images, I grabbed anything i could find online and also a couple of videos are handy as reference points , but no sizes or diagrams. I'm used to working out plans for railroad buildings , but have very limited 3d skills and relied on two people to make the items for the uintah. i may see if i can get some blender model files from the from Paul G and using them as guides , see if i can bash a few out . I did make a few a few years back in sketchup but i know that ids a no on for trainz. i still have a few months work on the Uintah to go before i'm free to work on willunga anyway, so its a long time down the track before i need buildings .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SAR621 View Post
    I checked out the online SAR group and that's a great resource, i also found the GB group, joined and downloaded the strathalbyn route and a few cdps. tried to make a comment , the text faded and now the group has vanished, and is unavailable. it wasn't my fault ! I imagine someone is updating its privacy and or membership process as there was no vetting process to see if I was suitable to join the group. .

Hi All
    I'm working on an extension to the existing route Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division. The extension will cover from Gladstone to Port Pirie with spurs south on the BG and north on the SG and then also from Quorn to Port Augusta. After that I may consider heading north but based on the era of the map (mid to late 1960s) then it is SG all the way to Maree and this should all be NG.

Anyway what I also want to include in here is multiple versions of the 400 class Garratts but this seems to be locked to 406 based on the model. I believe there are a few people who developed this (original and later someone else) and wanted to know if anyone knows who is who and how I could contact them.

I'm also looking for anyone who may be able to help with some models of the various key buildings (namely Port Pirie Railway Station and several hotels)

Ore UP Port Pirie approaching Crystal Brook from Huddleston
    NB new Standard Gauge elevated line visible to the right and background

Crossing the Crystal Brook Bridge heading north to Port Pirie

T-Class Ore UP Port Pirie in Ellen Street
    Port Pirie Loco yard in the background (PITA) and SACBH Silos at wharf
    Track on right is dual gauge with NG42/BG and seems to work well so far

Aerial view of Port Pirie

Default Mythos wurde

Such a valuable and helpful content that’s what I have been looking for a long time finally I have got it so really thanks for sharing such type of information. more info

Quote Originally Posted by alyan8490 View Post
    Such a valuable and helpful content that’s what I have been looking for a long time finally I have got it so really thanks for sharing such type of information. (Link removed)
    Spam reported.

Blog Entries

A worthy project, a big one too, be good if you can do the Pichi Richi pass as that's one of my fave sections of line in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    A worthy project, a big one too, be good if you can do the Pichi Richi pass as that's one of my fave sections of line in SA.

It is in the pipeline however I believe someone else may be working on this too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schaffer View Post
    It is in the pipeline however I believe someone else may be working on this too.
    I am currently updating my SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division route to include the Pichi Richi Pass from Woolshed Flat to Quorn and extending to Hawker (Commonwealth Railways upto 1972). I am also "fixing" the section from Quorn to Peterborough so that the terrain resembles reality (which was totally fictional in the original release).

Release date on the DLS unknown but I am hoping this year (its a big job!).

Peter
    Development: Trainz Plus - b117092, Win 10, 16GB, RTX 3060Ti
    Testing: Trainz Plus - b117540, Win 11, 16GB, RTX 3050Ti

Blog Entries

looking for more images of the Willunga railway, I came across this huge collection of SA images here https://www.flickr.com/photos/cpdbea...7674748118236/
    some great images of Quorn and Pichi Richi pass.

Blog Entries

I've looked all over Download Station and I cant for the life off me find the round SAR concrete water tanks that are used on the Willunga line, does anyone out there know of a model of one ? if not, it might be a fairly easy model for me to get started on in blender. cant find any plans for one either, but i have several images that pretty much give me all the info i need.