South Australian railway content

A worthy project, a big one too, be good if you can do the Pichi Richi pass as that's one of my fave sections of line in SA.

It is in the pipeline however I believe someone else may be working on this too.

I am currently updating my SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division route to include the Pichi Richi Pass from Woolshed Flat to Quorn and extending to Hawker (Commonwealth Railways upto 1972). I am also "fixing" the section from Quorn to Peterborough so that the terrain resembles reality (which was totally fictional in the original release).

Release date on the DLS unknown but I am hoping this year (its a big job!).

Peter

I've looked all over Download Station and I cant for the life off me find the round SAR concrete water tanks that are used on the Willunga line, does anyone out there know of a model of one ? if not, it might be a fairly easy model for me to get started on in blender. cant find any plans for one either, but i have several images that pretty much give me all the info i need.

I found a water tower called Bairnsdale Water Tower <KUID:75943:31117>. Closest I could find. I did start trying to make one but it kept failing to import into CM

I found a water tower called Bairnsdale Water Tower <KUID:75943:31117>. Closest I could find. I did start trying to make one but it kept failing to import into CM

This asset shows as DLC. You can't edit or modify the content because it's locked.

G'day,

Do you have any photos or drawings? I could have a crack at building one.

Cheers.
I do have some good Color images of one and could work out sizes from them, thanks for the offer ,I'll work out dimensions and send you some images soon,

G'day,

Do you have any photos or drawings? I could have a crack at building one.

Cheers.

I haven't forgotten your kind offer , I'm awaiting to hear from the port dock museum , they are looking for info , drawings, data s etc for the line for me. will get back when I hear from them.

This is the old NG loco shed in Port Pirie. Has anyone seen a model available that looks like this? Or a model that looks like half of this and duplicate?
Scan11624-2.jpg

As a work around I've been using NSW Cooma Loco Shed (KUID 2:97008:36099:1) but would prefer to get something a little closer. Any suggestions?
Goods Shed Quorn is similar shape but wrong type and does not support the dual lines
Here is a scene from the top of Ellen Street, 22.7.1967
2022-06-27-174919.jpg

great route work schaffer.
I've just put out an updated version of the SAR 700 Class steam locomotive by ad602000, and tomorrow 706 with the centre mounted headlight is coming out too.
In the coming weeks the rest of the 700 series will also be released too.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Here are a few updates on my project. I've crossed over into the darkside and included a length of Broad Gauge extending out of Port Pirie all the way to Redhill. Some of this is very early WIP

The images show SAR 621 heading north along the broad gauge line to Port Pirie in July 1967 for the Farewell Ellen Street Tour. Then SAR G409 heads east along the old narrow gauge into Crystal Brook and beyond. The images of the BG line out of Pirie are after just under a weeks worth of work

I had been looking at having this released for alpha testing in late November or early December and public release likely around Christmas or early in the new year. This may slip out further as I've added a chunk that was planned for a later stage.

I am interested in getting a few people to alpha test this for me when I think this is ready. If you are interested then please send me a PM

621 arrives in Redhill alongside the old station building
2022-10-21-155023.jpg

SAR 621 heading north out of Redhill. Broughton river is visible beyond the trees
2022-10-21-155140.jpg

SAR 621 crossing Rocky River through farming country
2022-10-21-153923.jpg

SAR 621 continues north crossing the rather dry creek bed of Crystal Brook just under 9kms west of the Crystal Brook town center
2022-10-21-153411.jpg

SAR 621 has arrived in Ellen Street about 11:00am with passengers to transfer to SAR G409 before continuing ontowards Crystal Brook, Gladstone and Peterborough. 409 sits read and alongside is a Smelter NG loco (well not really but could not find something to use here)
2022-10-21-120129.jpg

2022-10-21-144725.jpg

2022-10-21-121025.jpg

SAR 409 heading east through the Warnertown past the now derelict platform
2022-10-21-160209.jpg

409 pulling into Crystal Brook yard
2022-10-21-160900.jpg

409 heading through the western end of Huddlestone Curves with the toru. Beyond is visible the new SG line with a test training hauling loaded ore wagons
2022-10-21-164103.jpg

Back