Lost cars in a consist

llebrez

A peculiar thing:

I have a route and session in T:ANE. Works like a charm. AI runs 37 consists, planes, ships street cars and of course trains running like clock (within Trainz limitations, of course).

So, I imported the route and session to TRS19. It works! Pretty much the same as it did in T:ANE.:)

But some times, at random, a train arrives to a meeting point, or station, or I just go to it while it is running far away, and it has lost one or two of the cars! Where are they? So I go up the line from aerial view or map, and nothing. The cars have vanished for good and forever.:'(

This happened a few times and I said, Oh well!, but it consistently happens here and there. Note: It happens were I am running the session for first time or after saving and returning, and it does not happen to a particular car or consist. It also happens only to running trains, not parked cars. It is totally random as if by luck.

Once again... Am I the only one?

It's TRS19...... Honestly I've about given up on it. Lots of useful things in Tane, deleted in that version. Roads all floating in the air, on every route I've seen. As for your problem, my suggestion would be to remove the consists and rebuild them in session editor. Some bug during the import may have affected it, so remaking them fresh inside TRS19 may solve that problem.

I've had some consists coming out of portals lose part of their freight cars. It seems to be two particular ones that got me. The beer tanks from Dave Snow and some spine cars from Joe (socalwb909).

I'll be off driving my own consist and get the message that such and such consist has derailed. I'll search for that consist and find that a string of boxcars is "driving" down the tracks, with a driver no less, and the engine and the rest of the consist is a mile or so away. Sometimes the engine will have a new driver but no schedule, or sometimes with no driver at all but traveling at line speed blindly ignoring signals and speed limits.

Last edited:
I am delighted that I a not the only one on this. Starting or installing a new consist does not solve the problem. Now, about a little comment from the supreme authority of N3V...?

I can't speak to 19 but issues similar to these are seen in T:ANE when importing earlier sessions.

It would seem 19 has overcome the driverless consist issue! I found in T:ANE that "Remove Existing Drivers" should be UNchecked and "Generate Drivers for Empty Trains" must be to prevent zombie trains, which create cornfield meets.

In T:ANE, defective train assets cause a total crash in the portal. You can watch the cars drop off the portal if it's one you've hung of the edge of the world. So in that respect 19 is an improvement. The cure, as mentioned, is to reform the portal consists with valid assets. I'm in the middle of that on my chief route upgrade.

Standing consists will usually have the Missing Asset box showing in the rake, so turn that feature ON.

Not everything that exists in earlier versions is workable and it's not always clear until you test. A good quick test is to look at the asset in "Test Track." If you can see it, it'll probably work.

:B~)

Back