Driver setup problem

lenscab

Hi,,,, I have spent ages typing in all the commands in the driver setup rule only to find when I go into driver mode there is no commands. I looked into the wiki to make sure I had done it right and I had. At the end of the wiki it said something about copying the commands into a session. Now i dont know if that is what I should do but anyway I tried it and followed the directions of how to. I did alright until I got to the last direction which said after the last entry paste. Thats where I came unstuck, where is the last entry I dont know what it means, or should I not be doing the copy and paste.Please help me with this.
Len

Hi lenscab,

There are two reliable ways to set up a session. Fist load the route and select "create session" You can select the command library in the driver commands panel. You can then program the commands in to the command library. Then give your driver the command to "copy from library" with the copy command which you must select in the driver commands panel. The other way is to place a consist on the track, allocate a driver, and program your commands directly into the command bar at the bottom of the screen. Once your commands are complete select "quick drive" in the top menu bar and the train will start to follow your programed commands.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thankyou Bill.... I see now what I have to do, I didn't have "copy from library" in my driver commands ticked. So now I select a driver in driver mode and then click "Copy commands from" and it comes up with "amend or Insert" and whatever one I click on it comes up "Driver", so I click on driver and all the drivers names come up for me to select one but the driver I originally selected is not there and if I choose another driver he is missing off the list. Is it a bug or shall I give up and put them all in again down the bottom?.
Len

Last edited:
This reason I want to do this is because if when I have had a crash or derailment or something else I have had to type it all in again. I have set up my own consists so that I have them ready to go its just the commands thats a bore to have to do again when it goes wrong.
Len

When you do a "Copy Command" you should see two options. Open Insert, not amend. Select Library, and you should see all the names of your schedule library. To do all this you must have made schedules at the library. On this there are several methods to adapt to your particular route, stations, hubs and all that. Once you create all the schedules, they are there forever so you can insert or select on the copy command thing. I think that the reason you see driver instead of library is because you don't have anything at the library. On drivers it becomes confusing, because drivers per say don't have anywhere to go unless you set that previously. Much easier doing schedule library method.

Thanks for the info,,, i have not got schedule library in session editor so I will have to do it. I will let you know how I have got on.
Len

Thankyou Thankyou,,,,, it works a treat now, I have been trying for three days,, looking on google,, wiki,, youtube, but couldn't find the answer, they only seem to go 3/4 of the way to helping. so glad we have you guys, its easy when you know how isn't it? thanks again.
Len

Back