TRS2004 era route completely destroyed in TRS19

now I downloaded a TRS2006 era route "Winter World" and even with the 4 files being named "mapfile", it still shows up with bare bones terrain

It doesn't work that way. In order to get the route to load in TRS2019, you need to pass it through TS12 and or T:ANE first. Once converted, it'll load up fine. I did that with my TRS2004 route dated January 2004, going by the backup date and I was able to bring it in fine. I did laugh at my track laying an texturing though.

Bring in the route into one of the above mentioned versions.
create a slight change, like move a tree, or do something and undo it.

Save a new version to keep the old one.

Export the new one to a cdp and import that into TRS2019.

Once imported, check for missing dependencies and download as many of the missing ones you can if you have to.

The problem maybe assets that are missing if they're no longer available, and if they're not necessary, like a tree or something like that, they can be deleted using the delete missing assets.

I don't have TS12, TS2MAC, or T:ANE (at least not anymore for the first 2)

You don't have the discs to install the programs?

All you need to do is import the route, open in the program, save as, and then save to an CDP and import into TRS2019.

I'm actually a Windows 10 user

and I don't feel like having 2 train simulators on one computer, feels like a waste of disk space.

There could easily be a PEVSoft tool for fixing older routes

I know this is an old talking point but has any one tried it recently. I just found my old 2004 content folder and found a map that I rebuilt. I copied the folder to the desktop and launched TRS19 105100. I imported content folder and did an install of missing assets and then opened the route. It all appeared intact although textures need to be redone due to the look of them.

^^^ I have dealt with this before, its pretty frustrating but it would be expected, i tried downloading the first route on the DLS (i think it was) and it didnt even show up

Back