TRS19.exe has stopped working

euromodeller

Imagineer
TRS19 Plus (trial), build 106618.

I opened up Trainz to work on a route, I deleted 1 object and then......

Trainz-stopped.jpg

Restarted, chose revert, same thing happened when deleting same object.

Standard database repair done.

Restarted, chose revert, same thing happened when deleting same object.

Restarted, chose revert, deleted different object, OK.
Deleted another object, OK.
Went to the original object I was trying to delete.......deleted OK.

Saved, exited game to try same on a different route...All OK.

a bit of a puzzler eh!

If that one thing is causing to crash like that, then there is a chance that is corrupted and beyond repair.
I had this happen to a session, where I go and load it and about halfway there, it'll crash regardless what attempts I done to load the thing. I ended up deleting that and reverting back to a previous version (thank goodness for an SVN server for this).

Glad to hear you manage to delete what you wanted to delete finally gone. I was going to suggest doing it through CM and seeing it it'll do the same or not, but since you got it, I won't bother :D

I will agree, Trainz and its game 'features' are either good, or extremely frustrating, and having the game crash 'feature' happening makes it even more frustrating (especially when go are about to save and it decides to crash).

Cheers

Graham

I had that recently, not this severe, just a poof to the desktop in an a millisecond which prompted a DBR of course and then a repeat, wash, and repeat. My issue started with really, really slow portal editing. By this I mean click and wait to open to be followed by click and wait when adding any wagon or locomotive, or editing an existing consist. During an edit I had the first instant crash and then couldn't open up that route any longer. Resorting to the fact that my hard work was gone, I found the most recent backup and tried that one only to have the same thing occur again! Then I tried other routes I have including built-in ones, and those did the same. I even went as far as to reinstall TRS19 but that didn't work because at that point I figured the program was hosed.

A process of elimination leading back to something I had installed recently lead me to a conflicting script. I had both the old and the new Quick Portal Manager installed. The old, meaning the TS12 version was a carryover from then and the updated one with a different kuid. Once I figured this out, I was able to recover and my old route and session I thought I destroyed worked fine afterwards.

I don't get a CTD, the route is still visible behind the Windows notice.
On 'normal' CTD I would get an autmatic DBR, not so when this happens, just a request for revert or use when I restart.
I've been working on that route since my last post and had no issues at all.

I am wondering if it's Win10 related?
I have Trainz.exe excluded in my Defender setup, maybe Win10 is having a hissy fit because it can't get in to have a nose around :)

Back