Signal/Route Engineering

Thanks for sharing. This was quite interesting and sad too seeing the old signal box being scrapped. I laughed to myself at the "new" electronics with the multitude of analog boards used back then.

;) I was aware of this type operation, in Los Angeles area, but never saw it in action.....Heard Engineers talk about how a certain Switch Tower worked 40 some years later after Tower had been closed and preserved as historic, if I remember correctly.

Too see this on Video is a real treat, and shockingly unbelievable with the Shear complexity and involvement too make it happen..........:p

This is one of those, you never think you know it all, just walk in and start working, how many jobs has anybody worked, where on your first day, some smarty pants told you, just go in there, you'll figure out how it's down......This is rather a complex, only a gifted few could work in such a demanding position, with people's lives depending on the full correct switch handling....I E Flight Controllers as one.......

Thank you for sharing a very cool video of days long, long passed..........!!! :wave:

Utterly fascinating. Destroying the old box the same night was quite risky but there was no way to parallel the two systems -suicide switch over. Loved the movie....

Valbridge,
That was a really cool video. Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed seeing all the complexity that is involved. It was sad to see them destroying the old box though. All those levers...

What stuns me is they somehow managed to pick a time for the change-over when it wasn't raining. :eek:

Really cool video. Thanks again.

Heinrich505

If anyone is familiar with the puzzle game "The Room", how neat would it be to have a "The Room" scenario set there with all that equipment? In fact, that relay box looked a lot like some things I've seen in puzzle games.

Back