Using theatres with ground signal before them.

marky7890

I am trying to get a signal at the throat of a station to show the platform number a train going into using theatres, however due to a couple of ground signals (for hunting purposes) being between this signal and the theatres in the platforms it doesn't register them. Is there any way to fix this without removing the ground signals?

Mark

No is the short answer. The signal looks at the next signal only and feathers act like the next signal for scripted signals. Perhaps someone can come up with a route indicator as a single asset.

I ran into a similar problem when making the signals for Harbour Station on Malc's F&WHR route. The station has an outer home with 3 arms indicating different routes. This is followed by a shunt signal with a theatre indicator just before the points. In the end I made the shunt signal a cosmetic dummy in order to get the route indication to work on the outer home. In that case I felt that a having the three arm signal having working route indication would be most useful for the route.

I found a solution last night. I put the ground signals on an invisible track then used the Interlocking tower control object outside of path function asset and set the ground signal to proceed. So now once the path is set into the platforms the theater displays the platform number as there are no other signals in the way.

Back