Stop Honking Cars

wflint

After trying all forum suggested solutions for "stop honking cars", my cars are still honking.:(

1] Selected "United States" region in surveyor as my preferred region.
2] Opened the "United States" config.txt,for edit, deleted all 31 default cars, and added 31 of my choice in sequence without spaces.
3] Opened all 31 cars for edit and deleted ALL horn_XX.wav [wave] files and config.txt "dayloop" commands for car horn sound. Left all motor_sound.wav intact.
4] Submitted all for edit without errors.

None of the 31 cars I added have a .wav or "dayloop" entry in the config.txt. yet I'm still getting multiple honking cars.

Suggestions?

Thx

Did you replace the kuids for the cars listed in the kuid-table with the those of the cars that you referenced? If you don't change those in the kuid-table, you'll still get the same old cars.

I seem to recall this issue being discussed a few years ago, possibly in TANE or even TS12. Are you certain that the "honking" is not "hard wired" into the crossing itself? I also seem to recall hearing the "honking" when there were no cars waiting at a crossing - but that was years ago and there has been many a bottle of beer, wine, port and Baileys since.

Did you replace the kuids for the cars listed in the kuid-table with the those of the cars that you referenced? If you don't change those in the kuid-table, you'll still get the same old cars.

Yes, replaced 31 cars on both lists. All 31 new replacement cars appear in surveyor but some still honk incessantly!
I even reopened all 31 cars to check for deleted .wav files and config.txt changes.

As a note, all DES trucks and some older cars didn't have .wav files so no changes appeared to be necessary.

Thx.

I seem to recall this issue being discussed a few years ago, possibly in TANE or even TS12. Are you certain that the "honking" is not "hard wired" into the crossing itself? I also seem to recall hearing the "honking" when there were no cars waiting at a crossing - but that was years ago and there has been many a bottle of beer, wine, port and Baileys since.

Could be. I'll take a look at the intersections config.txt files, etc.

Wow! SOLVED! Thanks so much, Dave for the above link and your "muted" files. clam1952 and you broke the code!

After spending several frustrating days fiddling with car horns only to have them reappear over and over again, you provided the fix; all buried deep in the TRS19 "Sounds" files.

NV3 Games, are you listening? How about simply making horn sounds optional???

I only hope hope all others with similar issues with incessantly blaring car horns finds the simple fix offered in this thread.

B

Back