More than 1 passenger asset

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
Since we have several different Passenger assets, is it possible to add more than 1 to a station? What is the 1? Only 1? I got them with 80 on my cars. I don't how so have some one. RJ Artim

Last edited:
This is an old issue often discussed in the forum. To add insult, there are different passenger asset with the same icon! So, if you are confused, so am I. To this date I haven't seen N3V trying to solve the problem. Often it is said "those are not our assets", but at some point someone has to impose some authority on these matters. Yes?

Basically they are just another product which means you get sheep which are loaded in to cattle wagons but use a tram stop to do the loading and unloading of visible sheep.

So yes you should be able to have two product queues even if it means using two invisible stations on one platform.

Cheerio John

Since we have several different Passenger assets, is it possible to add more than 1 to a station?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yaaaayyeeeesssss . . . lol, j/k
-Yes, you can have more than one passenger "product" in the list of "allowed-products", BUT, you can only have ONE "flavor" of passenger product be the "default" that is pre-positioned (the kuid specified in the top-level of the config queues "initial-count" section)
--queues
{
passengers
{
size 10
initial-count 5
passenger-queue "1"
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10060>

attachment-points
{.....etc
}

allowed-products
{
..any number of Passenger KUIDs allowed in/out..
}
}
}

Be aware that you will need a kuid that has not been obsoleted by another asset or it wont work. Check to see what versions of the kuid you use are available and only the most recent will work.

Well I beleive part of the problem is when N3V made the new Passenger asset they did not obsolete the old one.

Thanks Kingconrail I will give it a try. What makes me ask this is the passenger coaches have different passenger assets. With the station having a choice would be the play.

Well I beleive part of the problem is when N3V made the new Passenger asset they did not obsolete the old one.
Kuid <kuid:-25:1235> is the latest and obsoletes the following.

0 <kuid:-3:10060>
1 <kuid:-3:11060>
2 <kuid:-3:11061>
3 <kuid:-3:110060>
4 <kuid:-3:12060>
5 <kuid:-25:1188>

Admittadly, I do not do a lot with passenger operations, only recently creating a "Commuter Division" of my railroad, but I have not noticed that things do not work as expected because I have the oldest version (cross compatibility between TS2010, TS12, and TANE) of the passenger assets listed in my Station and Coach asset's Queues. All three Trainz programs seem to handle using the most current version, respectively, of each passenger asset just fine, loading and unloading my trains as expected. When I look at Dependencies in each version's CM, they all show the most current version being used, even though the oldest is listed in the asset. ( I think I just said the same thing three ways, sorry, not trying to be obtuse.)

Admittadly, I do not do a lot with passenger operations, only recently creating a "Commuter Division" of my railroad, but I have not noticed that things do not work as expected because I have the oldest version (cross compatibility between TS2010, TS12, and TANE) of the passenger assets listed in my Station and Coach asset's Queues. All three Trainz programs seem to handle using the most current version, respectively, of each passenger asset just fine, loading and unloading my trains as expected. When I look at Dependencies in each version's CM, they all show the most current version being used, even though the oldest is listed in the asset. ( I think I just said the same thing three ways, sorry, not trying to be obtuse.)

Actually that made perfect sense to me... it wasn't obtuse at all just a bit triangular. :p

Back